The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-27-2020, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

a good HD28 is a knockout! They don't have the same consistency as these smaller builders but when you get a good one they are simply incredible!

Happy you're still loving the H&D. Mine gets better each day I've had it (lol, that would be 5).
Old 05-27-2020, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
I did try something I didn't last time: the Martin HD28 he had on the wall. I didn't know what to expect since, as some of you may know, I had a sub-par experience with an low-mid-priced Martin back in the 2000s. That essentially put me off to the brand, through admittedly no fault of Martin's.

I was surprised at how bright sounding the HD28 was in comparison to the D2HA and my TD-R. It had more prominence at the mids and highs, at the expense of way less bass. This was a shock to me as it destroyed my preconceived notions of what I thought an HD-28 would sound like.
The newer 'Reimagined' HD-28s are substantially brighter sounding now than what they used to be with the older 1 11/16 nut and 2 1/8" string spacing Low Profile neck. A lot of us Martin junkies don't like that change so much...

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 05-27-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
The newer 'Reimagined' HD-28s are substantially brighter sounding now than what they used to be with the older 1 11/16 nut and 2 1/8" string spacing Low Profile neck. A lot of us Martin junkies don't like that change so much...
Interesting. It looked very new, so likely this is what I played. Yes I was surprised at how bright it was compared to what I was expecting to hear when I picked it up.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion