The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

I stopped using the SC strings for now, but I may go back one day. They have a great feel and really last, but I miss that "new strings" sound on my guitars.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:35 AM

Default Mid vs Low tension

I first tried the mid tension strings on a D28 and decided to return to Newtone because the Para's felt stiffer and tone was not necessarily better . But before switching back I tried low tension Para's on the D28 and they are perfect. Just the right string tension for ease of playing. Plenty of volume and even volume across all six strings and very musical. So I tried low tension Para's on an Advanced Jumbo and same great result. I'm sold. They're more expensive than the Newtone's but they are much easier to obtain and, from what I've read, will last longer.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:38 AM

All I use are SC mid tensions. Been using them solely for almost two years. They last longer than the John Pearse strings I was using so I actually SAVE money in the long run. These easily last me 2-3 months and I was using other strings every 2-4 weeks.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:30 PM

Just ordered my first set of low tensions for my M32. In a couple of weeks I'm going to install some Gotoh 510 tuners on it, and when I do I'll sub out the Elixir Nanowebs (which is all I've used since first using them like a decade ago) and I look forward to hearing the difference in tone, and hopefully in feel. As I get older, the thought of easier to play (due to lower tension) strings is appealing to me.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion