The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Love this post!

First let me say, if a 0-18 is coming in, the 0-15 has to go in my mind.!

Think you may be right, the 0-18 needs to be pretty special though.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scolaguitar View Post
I'd say for me personally 2 or 3 but we have more than that because my husband plays also. He picks up "mine" quite often but on his he never changes his strings and they're way past dead sounding so I don't touch his. I keep offering to change them but refuses.

Any of them I think of selling, I have to run it by him first. I told him I thought of selling the D18 and he said with a slight pout "but why???"
Being a very happy D-18 owner, I also have to say, "but why?" (Minus pout).
Old 05-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Being a very happy D-18 owner, I also have to say, "but why?" (Minus pout).
I know I know. The Northwood is a lot louder and it throws my hearing off when I switch to the other guitars. As long as I don't pick it up first then I can enjoy the other guitars for their own sound.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM

Except for the 'designated campfire' (377) all my guitars are out, and played. I'm 63, and I've been retired for about 5 years. I really only play, look after my dog -- "Healey", and the tv is more an electronic fireplace than entertainment. (skidding cable allows for a healthy string budget) My wife is wallowing in being a granny, and gone most of the day. We listen to tunes for an hour, or two, spinning vinyl most every day/nite.

The little parlors, and oo, get played for an hour every other day (or so), but the others get played (lots) every day. The om Larrivee twins are my 'go to' guitars (practice, learning, noodling), with the mini jumbo & dread' seeing a couple hours of wringing out everything I can towards the end of the day. The Gnome was like a pup taken home too early -- the finish was a tad soft/fragile -- so it's hardening/curing for a bit.

People regularly tell me; 'You're spoiling that dog.', 'You have too many guitars.', and, 'You play too much!'.

Bite me.
'05 Larrivée 0M-03 Custom (bear claw/hog), '13 Kronbauer TDK 285 MJ Custom (koa), '94 Froggy Bottom Custom (koa) dread', '08 Seagull Artist (EIR), '19 Gnome Blues Custom (EIR/T13? redwood), '78 S. Yairi 726 (hog), '84 K Yairi AR377, 1905 Vega parlor (hog), 60's Stella,'94 Saudi Tele', '79 Epi Genesis

"Your sound is in your hands ... ... more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." - SRV

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion