The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-17-2022, 03:25 PM

Default electric thru an acoustic amp

Hi think i posted something similiar to this : do any of you guys play electric thru an acoustic amp? solid body electric... don't know why i haven't tried this yet.
Old 06-17-2022, 05:04 PM

Default That would be a yes...

I enjoy playing my one non-solidbody electric through my Boss Acoustic Singer Live. It gives a wide variety of tones, just don't ask it to distort or feed back. The core sound is crisp and distinct, but not harsh. By itself, the amp works great for chiming chords, a la the Byrds or early Pat Metheny (crank up the Chorus for his vintage sound). To trim the high end for a less forward tone, there's a tweeter cut button. Boss packed this amp with effects, including Delay and Echo. Heck, push that Acoustic Resonance button and see if your Strat melts, or goes mute from the shame.

The Boss sits on the desk beside a Bugera V5, my tubed electric amp, but I often choose the Boss for my Godin "quality time." Personally, I enjoy the options and possibilities of mixing and matching acoustic and electric gear that's possible these days. Different flavors, but it's all ice cream.
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass
Old 06-18-2022, 10:39 PM

Not sure why you started this thread in the building repair section but.. if you do use an acoustic amp which is essentially a PA then a modeler works really well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair