The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Default FINALLY A CHARTER MEMBER! Thanks AGF

No excuses, I should have done this a couple of years ago…but Finally I give proper tribute to the forum by becoming a Charter member.

A big, big thanks to the people who have helped me get the tone I have always dreamed about. Especially to the AGF Members who are open minded and down to earth. As they have given so much of their knowledge to all of us.
I would especially like to thank:
Doug Young- Always pleasant to listen to his masterful guitar playing. But more so, his wisdom in recording has been of upmost importance to myself. I have learned about Microphones, preamps and room treatment from him. Thank you so much Doug, Kudos to you!

Wade Hampton- Wade is an encyclopedia when it comes to guitar trivia and some good common sense. As he self proclaims, a southern Gentleman(although he lives in Alaska!) Always enjoy his responses. For being a mentor to us all, Kudos to you!

Vindibonal1 - He got me to try Round Core Strings…And round core strings have rocked my world. They are the final piece in the tonal qualities I have been searching for. Vindibonal1 is another person who reaches out to help other members…no matter what the feedback. His sole aim is to help. Kudos to you!

Michael Watts - one of the most pleasant personalties in the guitar world…like EVER! I have enjoyed all of your input on guitars, back and sides woods, tops and recording. We should take a lesson on your most hospital character. Kudos to you!
There have also been those members who have reached out behind the scenes to help out through personal messaging.
Aloha Chris & ChuckS - has taken lots of their time to share important information on recording, mics and room treatment with myself. I have read all of your information and appreciate your efforts. Thank you Guys-Kudos to you!
And then there is the Custom Shop side of the forum. Oh my, I never get tired of looking a new builds. Of hearing all the different opinions from the builders.
Stephen Strahm & Tony Vines built guitars and displayed some recordings using a different Rosewood than I had heard before.. Kudos to both of you for introducing me to Amazon Rosewood.
Mark Hatcher, Marc Beneteau, the Kinnaird’s, McKnight, Wilborn, Kostal, Tom Sands, Osthoff, Olson, Michael Bashkin, Sexauer, Spohn, Goodall, Thomas Rein…
and many more…thank for sharing your builds and knowledge with all of us! Kudos to all of you.
What I have learned on the forum:
Back and sides, Bracing materials, Top woods, Body Shapes, Tuners, bridge pins, Saddle material and specs, Strings, humidifiers, case humidifiers, Guitar Cases. All of these have given me the sound and the way to maintain that sound that I have been searching for All My Life!
It is so hard to remember everybody. Excuse me If I have left you out. In truth most everybody on the forum has given tiny bits of information that have been so helpful. Even those who are not always that pleasant..ha ha Kudos to all the AGF!
Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Thanks for joining the paying members club, Knives. This is a great place to get some very good info from experienced folks so I am happy to support J. R. and keep the party going. I have appreciated your contributions as well.

Best,
Jayne
Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Glad to have you in the club, K&G. We appreciate your support!

Lots of wonderful folks here. Anbody else wanting to join may do so here.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Good on ya, K&G! The charter member fee is nominal in the scheme of things and in addition to the added benefits, it makes one feel more a part of such a wonderful community that offers sooo much to guitar enthusiasts...plus it helps keep the lights on for everyone to enjoy.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Thank you so much for your genuinely moving message Victor, the AGF is a wonderful place and has been for over a decade. I intern am extremely grateful to all that have made it such a treasure trove of knowledge, passion and joy over the years.

All the best

MDW
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:30 PM

Yup - we've got a great clubhouse. Thanks for being a part of it K & G!

Rick
Old 11-22-2018, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Being a member of the AGF is great for you and our acoustic guitar community. thanks!
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic