The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-15-2018, 03:19 AM

Default Review on removing neck through steaming through the neck block in the body

So yesterday I finished my first neck removal. I went a different approach that steaming through the neck block. The result is good. The neck is complete and the neck joint is in perfect condition. Yet, a bad news is I got too much water that I made the minor sector of the side at the dovetail joint ripped off together with the neck. To my luck, the part that ripped off is complete, I remove it without breaking into millions of fibres. Moreover the tip of the major sector of the side a bit off also.
I guess glue them back is good to go?
To conclude, I think steaming through neck block would cause the trouble of ripping sides. Not sure whether the rip off occur due to this steaming method or not. But the good is no hole has to be drilled through the 15th fret and the appearance of the guitar is not affected.

Feel free to comment, I would like to know how other think about it.
Photos:

Last edited by brianli408; 06-15-2018 at 04:07 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair