The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Default Samplitude?

Anyone here ever use Sampitude? I've used Adobe Audition in the past and I just recently got Sonar for free and was learning that, but this is really good deal for the suite:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/sampl...pro-x/#c704187

It comes with Sampitude, Soundforge, their sampler with 70 GB of samples, 24 virtual instruments, Vandal (guitar amp simulation), Spectralayers Pro, a ton of plugins for effects and mastering, and a free upgrade in December.

I like playing around with VSTs, samples, and virtual instruments. Plus the Spectralayers looks sweet for editing audio files and the amp simulation is a plus. So, I'm seriously thinking about getting it for fun.

I looked up online what people thought about it and not much is out there, but the few comments I have found were very positive. I'm just wondering if anyone here has used it.

Thanks.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-01-2018, 11:21 PM

I got a similar deal earlier this year, but have yet to do a project with Samplitude (yet). It's a fairly deep program with a lot of capabilities.

The Spectralayers Pro looks cool, but I haven't found a real use for it so far.

The Sound Forge I use ALL the time. It's been my #1 editor since the early Nineties and just got an upgrade to 64 bit.

If you don't mind spending the time learning, I think this is a valuable bundle deal.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 11-02-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Currie View Post
I got a similar deal earlier this year, but have yet to do a project with Samplitude (yet). It's a fairly deep program with a lot of capabilities.

The Spectralayers Pro looks cool, but I haven't found a real use for it so far.

The Sound Forge I use ALL the time. It's been my #1 editor since the early Nineties and just got an upgrade to 64 bit.

If you don't mind spending the time learning, I think this is a valuable bundle deal.
Thanks for your input. I'll probably wind up getting it.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Thanks for your input. I'll probably wind up getting it.
I have no experience with it as I am a Pro Tools and Mac guy.
However I do know some people who do use it and really like it .They have experience with both and tell me it is probably to closest to PT in overall workflow.

I did a fair amount of research into it when PT switched to it's subscription model the only reason I did not switch to it and drop PT was it was Windows only and I already had (and still use) a great Mac Pro Tower and and Display

If I was a Windows guy I would definitely use it.

Here is Sound on Sound review of one feature that is even more advanced than the same feature in PTHD
They call it Object FX (Object is Samplitudes word for individual clip or region) in PTHD it is Clip FX . Which means you can put different FX on each individual clip/object of audio. For sound design etc. it is a very useful feature .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 11-04-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:43 PM

I don't do much with the daw, but the only program I have ever owned is Samplitude. Started with it last century when it was a company called Sek'd.
Certainly no power user here. In the last 20 years I've only scratched the surface.

Back in the day it had a reputation of being the best (most transparent) sounding daw. People would debate about the possibility of that being the case, but since then it seems like the consensus is that they all are similar in that regard. For a long time it required a dongle, and that could be a drag, and it may not be the most intuitive out there, but if you think the workflow will suite you, why not?
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD