The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 07-04-2018, 07:49 PM

Unhappy THE FRETTED FROG TO CLOSE DOWN BY THE END OF THE SUMMER

The rumor had it for a little while that The Fretted Frog was to close down ... It was not true until very recently.

To tell the truth, the store is not and has never been at the edge of going bankrupt, but it has been at the expense of my family life. It's time for me to swing back the priority to my wonderful wife and children and go back to France. The plan was set a while back and I worked the last 10 month to train a manager to be able to keep our operations going. She was a very talented salesperson doubled with good management skills.

Sadly she decided to follow another road at the very last minute. With limited time to react, I tried my best to find a solution before I have to move back to France in September. I learned today that my last option will no go through. With a couple of months left, I'm sad to say that I need to swing to full liquidation. So, yes, I have to confirm it: "another one bites the dust".

It's not farewell yet, we'll be operating until the end of the summer, so there won't be hard liquidation for another month or two, but all AGF members followers who can stop at the store will have priority on our instruments clearance. Or you can just stop and say goodbye, if you still can endure my French accent.

Thanks to all our wonderful customers and students who made it a fun ride, talking gear, music and even sometime politics. Thanks to all our suppliers, past and present, who trusted us with carrying their wonderful instruments. And of course, thanks to my wonderful team who have been all along the real asset of this store.

Not everything is on Reverb but a good part of our clearance sale is there:
https://reverb.com/shop/the-fretted-frog

Roland Belloir
Owner (not for long) of The Fretted Frog
Old 07-05-2018, 12:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrettedFrog View Post
The rumor had it for a little while that The Fretted Frog was to close down ... It was not true until very recently.

To tell the truth, the store is not and has never been at the edge of going bankrupt, but it has been at the expense of my family life. It's time for me to swing back the priority to my wonderful wife and children and go back to France. The plan was set a while back and I worked the last 10 month to train a manager to be able to keep our operations going. She was a very talented salesperson doubled with good management skills.

Sadly she decided to follow another road at the very last minute. With limited time to react, I tried my best to find a solution before I have to move back to France in September. I learned today that my last option will no go through. With a couple of months left, I'm sad to say that I need to swing to full liquidation. So, yes, I have to confirm it: "another one bites the dust".

It's not farewell yet, we'll be operating until the end of the summer, so there won't be hard liquidation for another month or two, but all AGF members followers who can stop at the store will have priority on our instruments clearance. Or you can just stop and say goodbye, if you still can endure my French accent.

Thanks to all our wonderful customers and students who made it a fun ride, talking gear, music and even sometime politics. Thanks to all our suppliers, past and present, who trusted us with carrying their wonderful instruments. And of course, thanks to my wonderful team who have been all along the real asset of this store.

Not everything is on Reverb but a good part of our clearance sale is there:
https://reverb.com/shop/the-fretted-frog

Roland Belloir
Owner (not for long) of The Fretted Frog
Roland, thank you for your presence in our community, and thank you for sponsoring Brad Colerick's Wine & Song. It's a tough time to be a single location retail music store, and you've server our community with distinction.

Much Thanks,
Scott Memmer
Old 07-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Roland (and Colin):

I am so sorry you are leaving our Pasadena community. I very much appreciated the excellent service and attention you gave to me when selling my Gibson Mandolin and purchasing my Furch guitar from you a couple years ago.

You will be missed by many. I will drop in to say hello/goodbye before you leave.

All the best for your future life back in France,

Bob Myers
2015 Furch G22CR-c (Purchased from Roland at Fretted Frog Pasadena)
2016 McIlroy A35c (Purchased from John at Shoreline Music)
2007 Santa Cruz RS All Hog Tobacco (Purchased from Guitar Center Rancho Cucamonga)
Old 07-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

I stopped in today and enjoyed some time there. Roland is offering some very good deals on his close outs and if you are in the area, it would be worth the drive to drop in and see what's available.

Roland, it was nice talking with you today and I wish you the best in your next adventure. Bonne chance!
Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

It's unfortunate to hear of the closing of any brick and mortar music store, and I wish Roland and his family the best in their new endeavors. I live too far to check out their wares in person but just got an amazing deal on a Huss & Dalton TOM-R from Fretted Frog....
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
atkin, bedell, clearance, liquidation, sale