The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-15-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
Watched it last night and it's not bad at all. I see why people have said they felt the main character development was lacking, but this sort of film is all about the special effects and the monsters. Kong himself is wonderful and the relationship between him and Jia is believable: Millie Bobbie Brown might be the biggest star on paper, but Kaylee Hottle steals the film.

And is it just me, but why does Godzilla's head always appear so small and out of proportion with his body?
I collect Godzilla figures. The ones by a company called X-Plus are highly detailed and pricy. The major complaint with this design of Godzilla from fans and figure collectors is that his head is way too small. I have no reason why it's designed that way.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
why does Godzilla's head always appear so small and out of proportion with his body?
Wow, that's pretty insensitive. The Godzter may not be conventionally
good-looking, but he's had a long and distinguished film career in spite of that.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Watched it last night and it's not bad at all. I see why people have said they felt the main character development was lacking, but this sort of film is all about the special effects and the monsters. Kong himself is wonderful and the relationship between him and Jia is believable: Millie Bobbie Brown might be the biggest star on paper, but Kaylee Hottle steals the film.

And is it just me, but why does Godzilla's head always appear so small and out of proportion with his body?
Zika?*shrugs*

Personally I liked Shin Godzilla over the Legendary version. It’s much more frightening and repulsive and reimagines the original topic that went into creating Godzilla way back in 1954.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:00 PM

I like fun cheese movies ala Independence Day, Avengers, or The Rock, if done right. This was not it. It lacked almost every aspect of what made these movies great - characters you care about, humor, drama, and memorable scenes. This movie had none of that.

Everyone is talking about the CGI, but it looked cartoonish and unfinished. Specifically the water. Very rarely you will see CGI water done right, and by now you would think they figured it out. Nope. It looks more like liquid sand than water.

Trees, buildings, and streets look like miniature models you buy at Hobby Lobby.

The way the whole destruction plays out, buildings fall and collapse into dust is completely unrealistic. I mean I know it’s a fantasy movie but you have to have a certain amount of knowledge on how gravity works to make it at least a little bit believable. The whole thing is happening here on Earth so you can’t ask an audience to completely suspend their belief as if this was a different Universe.

I don’t know how people can be impressed with overuse in-your-face CGI. Without subtlety and details, it just doesn't look good. Even if you ONLY care to be dazzled by what the CGI team can do “oh look at what we can do with our supercomputers”, this ain’t it.

Peter Jackson’s 2005 King Kong is miles away from this movie despite being made 16 years ago. Even Speilberg’s 1993 Jurassic Park looked better.

The whole thing felt rushed and quickly put together. I think people are hungry for any kind of blockbuster movie these days so they will take whatever they can get. I was bored throughout. 3/10 if I really push it.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220volt View Post
I like fun cheese movies ala Independence Day, Avengers, or The Rock, if done right. This was not it. It lacked almost every aspect of what made these movies great - characters you care about, humor, drama, and memorable scenes. This movie had none of that.

Everyone is talking about the CGI, but it looked cartoonish and unfinished. Specifically the water. Very rarely you will see CGI water done right, and by now you would think they figured it out. Nope. It looks more like liquid sand than water.

Trees, buildings, and streets look like miniature models you buy at Hobby Lobby.

The way the whole destruction plays out, buildings fall and collapse into dust is completely unrealistic. I mean I know it’s a fantasy movie but you have to have a certain amount of knowledge on how gravity works to make it at least a little bit believable. The whole thing is happening here on Earth so you can’t ask an audience to completely suspend their belief as if this was a different Universe.

I don’t know how people can be impressed with overuse in-your-face CGI. Without subtlety and details, it just doesn't look good. Even if you ONLY care to be dazzled by what the CGI team can do “oh look at what we can do with our supercomputers”, this ain’t it.

Peter Jackson’s 2005 King Kong is miles away from this movie despite being made 16 years ago. Even Speilberg’s 1993 Jurassic Park looked better.

The whole thing felt rushed and quickly put together. I think people are hungry for any kind of blockbuster movie these days so they will take whatever they can get. I was bored throughout. 3/10 if I really push it.
Exactly how I feel about its. It was like, gee we can do this really good fight scene, let's make a movie around it.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic