The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 AM

Default Emerald X-10 Carbon Fiber w/B-band

I just took delivery of a wonderful custom build and have decided to sell my Emerald cutaway. $OLD off forum.... Here's part of the Emerald website description:
".....The X10 has been designed with comfort and playability in mind. It features a shallow C profile neck with a 1.75" nut and an open cutaway with offset heel giving very easy access to the highest frets. The body features a nicely sculpted back similar to the back of a violin that makes it comfortable to hold without slipping off your knee and the top features a radius which makes it slimmer towards the edges and gives better forearm clearance. Tonally the guitar is strong rich and alive. We build all our guitars using a one piece carbon fibre construction moulding the top, back, sides and neck together in one process and this creates great strength but more important uninhibited resonance. The whole guitar is alive from the tip to the tail and you don't just hear it but you can feel it. This makes the X10 a fabulous finger style guitar with great clarity and articulation right across the spectrum but it's also a great strummer that can cut through and make itself heard in any jam session. If you are looking for a comfortable all rounder that can make its presence known then the x10 may be the one for you."
The X-10 I have is B-spec guitar - Alistair says about these:
It’s the end of the summer and we’re clearing out some guitars that have been set aside during the season, and finishing them up as b-spec guitars. These guitars all are perfect in terms of tone and playability, and are covered under the same guarantee as all the rest of our guitars. To differentiate from our standard guitars, b-spec models are all finished in a Satin black finish. -

Newly strung with John Pearse 80/20 lights, this is a great travel guitar and fingerstyle instrument - it is very light and comfortable on your lap. I've spent many hours learning new songs in my home office chair with it as I studied YouTube videos.

It comes with a factory hardshell case and I'll include a RoadRunner gig bag that fits it perfectly.

The B-band works great and there is an onboard tuner. I have an extra bone saddle I will include for experimentation, but I think the original Graphtech saddle sounds better.

This one has accompanied me to a number of great outdoor jams around campfires with nary a worry about weather or humidity. Now I'm taking the Tinman Heart Guitar (different thread) so I can use it to promote the organ donor programs.

Video page: http://www.emeraldguitars.com/produc...ars/x10/video/

Hit me with any questions or for different pics. Oh, the specs: 1.75" nut, 25.5" scale...the rest about this 3 Lb. guitar can be found on Emerald's site:
http://www.emeraldguitars.com/produc...ars/x10/specs/

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."

Last edited by rwskaggs; 07-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Default interested

definitely interested... messages sent from Larrivee forum... Bobw
Old 07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Guest629

Ill take it if still available
Email at [email protected]
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Default Sold

Sold off Forum - thanks!

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
a/e, carbon, cutaway, travel