The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-01-2019, 05:06 AM
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll's Avatar
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll The North American Guitar - Richard Poll is offline
AGF Sponsor

Default Build Thread: Gerber Guitars

We're very excited to have recently received an update from luthier extraordinaire Ryan Gerber, showing us the three builds he is currently working on for our TNAG customers.

Ryan gave us an introduction and bit of information on each of the guitars...

Enjoy!

Serial Number #54

"This will be an RL15.5 model with figured Koa back and sides, Swiss moon spruce soundboard, and cutaway. Out of this batch of three guitars, I'm the furthest along with this guitar. The soundbox is completed and I've started working on the neck. I'm really happy with how the design of the guitar is coming along, and I'm confident that it's going to sound great. I love working with Koa, and can't wait to see this one completed.
The binding is cocobolo, and the top purfling matches the rosette with ambonya burl sandwiched between satin wood lines."
  • RL15 Model
  • Soundboard: Swiss Spruce
  • Back and Sides: Koa
  • Cutaway

Serial Number #53

"The customer for this guitar recently purchased another guitar of mine earlier in the year from TNAG ( a cocobolo and Swiss spruce RL15.5), and wants something to compliment that guitar. This will be a RL16 model with figured mahogany back and sides and Swiss moon spruce soundboard. The mohagany comes from the "fallen Giant" tree and has a really strong tap tone. More so than most mahogany that I've worked with in the past. I've been working more on this guitar for the past week or so, and I should have the soundbox completed in the next couple days."
  • RL16 Model
  • Soundboard: Master Swiss Moon Spruce
  • Back and Sides: Honduran Mahogany
  • Full Trim Package
  • Nut Width: 43mm

Serial Number #52

"This guitar is going to be the RL15.5 model, with cocobolo back and sides, a Swiss moon spruce soundboard, cutaway, and bevel armrest. The customer chose a terrific set of cocobolo with very nice color and grain patterns, which gives us a great starting point. We have been conversing about the details to be implemented on this guitar, and our plans at the moment are to go with a carved rosette similar in pattern to this - https://www.flickr.com/photos/397836...7710262991296/
Fretboard is to be black ebony, and the headstock will be cocobolo to match the back and sides of the guitar."
  • RL 15.5 Model
  • Soundboard: Moon Spruce
  • Back and Sides: Cocobolo
  • Full Trim Package
  • Cutaway

We look forward to receiving more images from Ryan Gerber soon.

For more information on Gerber Guitars please email us at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0) 207 835 5597.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Yummy............

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop