The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2019, 05:04 PM

Default EA StompMix X6 for multi-instrumentalists

Hi,

here is a vid displaying my approach of the Elite Acoustic StompMix X6 gigging as a multi-instrumentalist in various settings and singing lead or backing vocals.
It is an incredibly versatile piece of gear that can be tailored to many applications.
I use it for blending pickups of all kinds of stringed instruments (my vid shows guitar, Dobro, Weissenborn, mandolin and octave mandolin) with an external microphone, solo boost for the pickup, muting...

Cheers,
Bob

https://youtu.be/wZRxyR1azmU

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 12-17-2019, 05:36 PM

I just wrote a review of this same piece of gear before noticing that this review is here. Hopefully between the two, you get the idea of how well this unit works for a variety of applications. Sorry for any duplications with Bob's review posted just a bit ago.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the video. The mixer is very impressive. It seems like a very nice rig and great set up. Also, I could not help but notice your vocal mic stand. I was wondering what brand it is. Looks like a high quality item. If I was needing a new mixer, I would definitely consider this mixer.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:01 AM

Can the x6 be used with passive pickups straight in (other than a hot k&k, perhaps)?

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 12-18-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:21 PM

Thank you very much for the excellent video review. All your instruments sounded wonderful through this. Your video was extremely helpful, not only the sound samples but the on screen text explaining the inputs and uses was invaluable. Anyone thinking of buying this unit should watch your video.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelakekid2 View Post
Thanks for the video. The mixer is very impressive. It seems like a very nice rig and great set up. Also, I could not help but notice your vocal mic stand. I was wondering what brand it is. Looks like a high quality item. If I was needing a new mixer, I would definitely consider this mixer.
Hi,
thank you for posting.
The mic stand is a K&M older model, now K&M 252 like this:
https://www.thomann.de/de/km_252_sch...ikrostativ.htm

Cheers,
Bob

Old 12-18-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
Can the x6 be used with passive pickups straight in (other than a hot k&k, perhaps)?
Yes, sure. You want to use one of the HiZ inputs on channel 1 or 2, as I did in my vid. In my Dobro there is a Sunrise magnetic pickup installed. Its output is pretty low, worlds apart from a K&K, but no problem on the HiZ input. The EA StompMix has plenty of power on its inputs.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Thank you very much for the excellent video review. All your instruments sounded wonderful through this. Your video was extremely helpful, not only the sound samples but the on screen text explaining the inputs and uses was invaluable. Anyone thinking of buying this unit should watch your video.
Hey, thank you very much !
Cheers,
Bob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification