The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default SOLD: Martin 000-28 Norman Blake Limited Edition Acoustic Guitar

Martin 000-28 Norman Blake Limited Edition Acoustic Guitar 12 fret...GREAT guitar!!

SOLD

From the previous owner:

This is as close to perfect condition as a 2005 guitar can be if it's been played. Only 350 ever made and this one is #193. One of the most critically acclaimed Martin designs. 14-fret 000 body style with a 12-fret, short scale neck makes this thing a cannon! Martin Norman Blake soft-V neck, 1 13/16" nut with 2 5/16" bridge string spacing. A fingerstyle DREAM! Minimal fretwear and plenty of saddle remaining. OHSC also in near perfect condition.

"Borrowed info" on this guitar:

When you create a signature guitar for one of the leaders of the bluegrass revival movement in the 1970's, has been playing for 60 years, and has played with superstars like Johnny Cash, June Carter, Bob Dylan, Steve Earle, Kris Kristofferson, Ralph Stanley, and Joan Baez, you do it right. This signature series OOO-28 style Martin guitar features Indian Rosewood back and sides for pristine warmth and resonance, an Adirondack Spruce top to add a sweet tonal element, Mahogany neck and Ebony fingerboard for strength and power, and a short scale body for easy playability on a wide range of fingerpicking styles. From Bluegrass to Ragtime, this guitar was built to make Mr. Blake proud! The aesthetics must be noted as well! Herringbone pattern inlays and zigzag back stripe compliment the Waverly tuners.

I'm happy to provide close up pictures to any serious buyer who wants them as this guitar has been lightly played and is in great condition.

Comes with the original hardshell case.

Price: SOLD. Open to reasonable offers and some trades where the cash component is significant.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

Hi Mike. PM Sent
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM

I would love to consider a trade for this AJ.
I live in north east Arkansas.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 06-18-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: No longer has charter membership
Old 06-18-2018, 05:15 PM

I once owned this guitar and it is a fine example of the 000-28 Blake! This will make someone happy!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to the many of you who have inquired about this guitar and for the offers as well. I did want to correct one "typo" as the nut width is 1 13/16 not 1 7/8. I've changed the original post to reflect this.

Given the interest in this one, I doubt it will last long.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars