The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-30-2017, 06:07 PM

Default Boss Tone Studio issue - can't load backing tracks

I have been using my looper for about a year and a half now. I think it’s a great practice tool: making my own backing tracks, using the built in rhythm’s, being able to critique myself in a very efficient manner, it’s great! Every guitar player should try a looper, even if it’s only for practice purposes.

I have the Boss RC3, and although I have no experience with other loopers, I think it’s a nice pedal. However, I keep running into an issue with the Boss Tone Studio. This is a piece of software you download on your PC or MAC. According to the Boss website it lets you connect to Boss Tone Central, a source for all kinds of backing tracks you can load into your Boss looper (or other effect pedals). You can listen to these tracks on Soundcloud and I would love to download them. However, my Tone Studio software installs without issues, opens up when I want it to, and then….. nothing. Just an empty display. It’s clear Tone Studio starts up, but does not connect with Tone Central.

Boss customer service just keeps giving me the instructions that I find on their website, not much help from them! The funny thing is that I can download backing tracks from the TC Electronic website (looks like embedded Soundcloud), and with some tricks using Audacity I can get those backing tracks to work on my Boss RC3. So I have backing tracks on my looper, just not the ones from Boss (cannot be downloaded from Soundcloud).

Has anyone out there had the same issue, and found a way to resolve it? I made sure I have all the latest software updates, tried different security settings, turned off my VPN, un- and reinstalled Tone Studio several times, to no avail….

Thanks!

98 Taylor 414 E
06 self built classic
06 Larrivee OM-09 'Custom' (Madi) (since 2016)
06 Larrivee OM-09 MR (for DADGAD)
16 Fender elite stratocaster HSS
17 Recording King 'Dirty 1930's' single O

? Stagg stratocaster HSS
? Aria Sinsonido (Soloette copy)
0? self build OM in the making

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification