The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-27-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo_ View Post
JBL Eon One Pro came today. I tried the device for an hour and then sent it back. I did not generally like sound quality. Sound intensity was generally quiet and bass playback was poor. The battery would have been a good solution for me. Is LD Maui 5 Go better?
I'm sorry. Unfortunately, that was my initial impression too.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I'm sorry. Unfortunately, that was my initial impression too.
My Duo partner kept the replacement JBL EON One Pro he received after sending his first (Defective unit) back. We've been gigging his EON One Pro for our duo. (two vocals, and two acoustic guitars or I switch from acoustic guitar and play electric bass through it at reasonable dining establishment volumes.

So far we are achieving very useful volume levels for the places we perform where people are dining or conversing. Bass sounds great, but seems to hit a level of compression that makes it a bit mushy. Alternately, we've been gigging a Bose L1 Compact the same way for the past couple years, but we use a Behringer Xair mixer to expand with more channels and more features. In that regard, the Bose L1 Compact still delivers all we need and it has been reliable as can be.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 12-27-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:46 PM

Talking

Thanks to the JBL eon one PRO self destruction, the original JBL eon one owners don't feel scammed anymore.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 12-27-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Thanks to the JBL eon one PRO self destruction, the original JBL eon one owners don't feel scammed anymore.

Lol. Behave yourself.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:16 AM

Seems price going down to around US$700, may I ask how's the performance of this array audio system if I can handle the gain problems before?

I plan to put all music instrument (1 Acoustic guitar, Electric guitar, 1 Bass, 1 Keyboard, 1 Electric drum and 2 Vocal) enter to the mixer first (Consider the Roland HS-5 session mixer already own which for hear monitor) and then main output enter the JBL Eon One Pro. We usually use for small church worship and wedding gig. Wonder it will work or not? Any suggestion?

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasfan1 View Post
Seems price going down to around US$700, may I ask how's the performance of this array audio system if I can handle the gain problems before?

I plan to put all music instrument (1 Acoustic guitar, Electric guitar, 1 Bass, 1 Keyboard, 1 Electric drum and 2 Vocal) enter to the mixer first (Consider the Roland HS-5 session mixer already own which for hear monitor) and then main output enter the JBL Eon One Pro. We usually use for small church worship and wedding gig. Wonder it will work or not? Any suggestion?
With that many instruments (especially the bass and drums) you would likely be much better served going through a powered speaker like a QSC k10.2 or even a k12.2 for the extra low end and power.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification