The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-18-2022, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY
Default X10 slimline nylon

Anybody have one of these? I'm curious what it sounds like unplugged. The videos I've seen are all plugged in.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 05-18-2022, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

I had one for a short while. It was very nice. Kind of quiet and subdued. I'm not sure if that was due to the slimline aspect, the nylon or (likely) a combination of both. It was a great guitar from a looks and ergonomics perspective for sure.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:07 PM

Default X10 slimline nylon

Hi KarenB.

This video might help- the part pertinent to your question begins at 1:15. Kind of shocking as you can hear Kevin playing it over Chloe talking . I remember congratulating Evan on this guitar and thus knew there was a video out there as I remember commenting on how good it sounded even unplugged.

Last edited by steelvibe; 05-19-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

I did a video review and demo (which you may have already seen) where I mostly play amplified but I did play unplugged a few times beginning around 11:35 and then again around 12:24.

Old 05-19-2022, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Thanks Methos for the video. Interesting.
And thanks Steelvibe. Wish she would stop talking for a little bit, though.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber