The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-30-2022, 06:32 AM

I've started dusting off a few live videos from the vaults. Here's the first of a few on the Wingert, filmed at London Guitar Night in 2019 (on an almighty hangover and 2 hours' sleep!) ... https://youtu.be/vOS6hIbulzE

Alas, recorded just from the pickups (no external mics), so not the best example of it's fabulously rich tone, but hey - Wingert-related guitar content nonetheless!

And - in a shameless bid for self-promotion - I've entered this and another video (https://youtu.be/ns1OnYZXtLE on my Sands baritone) into a competition. I'm delighted to have made the finals, and would greatly appreciate any comments, shares, feedback, likes and/or subscribes (preferably on YouTube where you can access the highest quality versions). Thanks!

Many thanks for Chris Woods for hosting the night, and to Glenn Roth - who filmed a few tunes from my performance that night, including this one.

All the best,
Dan
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists
Old 08-30-2022, 05:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

What a beautiful, touching recollection of your friend and his guitar. And how it came to be YOUR guitar. No doubt that guitar has a an oceanic-sized soul in it, from everyone involved, from Kathy, to Callum, to you.

I listened to your recording, while a thunderstorm was passing through in the distance. It was a transcendental experience. The airy, atmospheric, impressionistic sound stirred a lot of my own innate memories, and touched a really deep place that I rarely remember is still in there. The grace of it, and the genuine emotion flowed with mesmerizing elegance, in a perfectly relatable conversational cadence.
The C-sus2 (?) tuning is a favorite tuning of mine also, so I could almost picture you playing.

Much gratitude to you for providing this deeply moving experience. I bookmarked the page, and I will be coming back to it again, as long as it remains posted.
Wow. THAT is what it's ALL about.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:51 PM

What a delicious sound on that guitar - and the Sands sounds great as well. Hopefully there are more videos for us to watch down the track.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:14 AM
Charter Member

Smile Steve says it well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
What a beautiful, touching recollection of your friend and his guitar. And how it came to be YOUR guitar. No doubt that guitar has a an oceanic-sized soul in it, from everyone involved, from Kathy, to Callum, to you.

I listened to your recording, while a thunderstorm was passing through in the distance. It was a transcendental experience. The airy, atmospheric, impressionistic sound stirred a lot of my own innate memories, and touched a really deep place that I rarely remember is still in there. The grace of it, and the genuine emotion flowed with mesmerizing elegance, in a perfectly relatable conversational cadence.
The C-sus2 (?) tuning is a favorite tuning of mine also, so I could almost picture you playing.

Much gratitude to you for providing this deeply moving experience. I bookmarked the page, and I will be coming back to it again, as long as it remains posted.
Wow. THAT is what it's ALL about.
I just listened again and the sound of this instrument is SPECTACULAR!!!
Lovely playing. Very nice to hear such space and sustain. Beautiful composition
In a cool tuning!

Thanks for sharing this with us all

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 09-04-2022, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

OH MY! What a gorgeous sounding guitar. What an incredible composition you wrote.

I was totally memorized with the sound, the beauty of the melody and your incredible playing skill. Dynamics combined with smoothness in total control.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
brazilian, model e, wide neck, wingert