The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2022, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Default Tonedexter Question??

Can I use tonedexter as follows:?

Make an IR with my Martin D-28, then use my Taylor Tz5 live using the Martin IR???

Thank You
Ron
Old 02-20-2022, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdamato View Post
Can I use tonedexter as follows:?

Make an IR with my Martin D-28, then use my Taylor Tz5 live using the Martin IR???

Thank You
Ron
Hi Ron
That's not the way it's designed. It's designed to capture (and hold) up to 22 unique guitar IRs, which are then matched with said guitars for play-back.

If I capture my Olson Dreadnought on my ToneDexter, and then run that profile with my Recording King 000-18, it WILL NOT sound like my Olson Dreadnought.

It may or may not sound better than the pickup already sounds using a different preamp (or even good).

The design/aim of the ToneDexter is to make my guitar sound like it's self amplified.

There are units which allow one to apply simulated profiles using any guitar (the Fishman Aura comes to mind).

Hopefully some folks here who play with IRs will wade in on what units are good-at what you asked about.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-20-2022, 12:37 PM

Also I think the Taylor Tz5 has magnetic pickup … so it will definitely not work in the best condition.

Consider sim1 which is designed to do that. You will have to train the pedal with both guitars…

https://sim1guitar.com
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification