The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2022, 07:13 AM

Default Rivera Sedona Lite 25 1x10

Anyone using one of these? I've seen some reviews of the larger 55 on here but can't find anything of the 1x10 25.

I'm interested in learning how it might work for small to mid size club, trio. I play acoustic and electric and am looking for a one amp do it all. (I'll go into the board from the amp.) On paper this looks great-ish. I notice channels are not footswitchable. I was imagining setting one channel up for the electric and one for the acoustic. Without a footswitch that will require some cable swapping on both ends. Would just love to get some real world feedback on actually using it live with multiple guitars. And, of course, on tone.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2022, 07:55 AM

An ABY switching pedal/box will solve the non-internal ch. switching for you. Just hit your Acoustic guitar send or Electric guitar send and you're in business. I have the Sedona 55, Rivera's all tube signal path for acoustic instruments is the best thing going since canned beer. Amazing tone, better than any SS acoustic amp I've owned (Roland AC90, Fishman mini, SWR. The depth of the tone and voice of Rivera's acoustic amp channels is just best in class. With a house PA the 25 watt version should be plenty to serve as your on-stage monitor. There are times when I wish I had the Sedona 25, especially when load-in/out involves stairs with the Sedona 55. Still wouldn't change it for a SS acoustic amp.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:35 PM

Default Sedona 1x10 speaker replacement?

New member here. I'll tag onto this thread for now and see if it reaches anyone.

I have a used Sedona Lite 1x10 and I think it has a Ragin Cajun in it. I don't have it with me at the moment so I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest a good speaker replacement?

My primary use is for acoustic guitar. I thought the 1x10 was the best acoustic guitar amp I've heard until I found a Sedona 55W head with 1x15 cab (crazy price on CL) that sounds even better. I understand they're not exactly apples-to-apples. Then why bother with the 1x10? Because I don't need a forklift to get it out of the house. So I'm trying to optimize its sound for portability.

I emailed Eminence with this question and got a strange response - basically, "we make tons of great speakers". I haven't tried Rivera, mostly because the new Sedona comes with a Rivera-made custom speaker and I don't want to insult them by asking about an upgrade.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification