The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Default *SOLD* RainSong P12S

Hello -
This guitar is from my personal collection and was purchased to use in the harsh Winters of Vermont where it's hard to keep a wooden instrument hydrated properly. It is a wonderful sounding guitar that is impervious to weather, has a great set of onboard electronics and is exceptionally comfortable to play. I normally say when I sell my guitars that they have been kept in a humidity-controlled and smoke free environment, and it has been, but all that really doesn't matter with a guitar like this. No known dings, scratches or issues. Set up well and the electronics sound great. These pictures are of the actual guitar for sale and were taken last week in my studio.

P12 Satin

The small size of the Parlor belies full and rich sound. A sound that Is characteristic of all RainSongs. Key to the big Parlor sound is the combination of a unidirectional carbon soundboard and hybrid body construction. The P12 features the 12-fret, short-scale NS neck.

P12S's neck joins the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret. This moves the bridge back on the soundboard towards the center of the lower bout resulting in improved sonic energy transmission from the strings to the soundboard and enhanced bass response.

Unidirectional carbon mimics the tight grain of a fine Spruce soundboard. First introduced on the Concert Series, this soundboard is RainSong's lightest. The Hybrid body technology blends the crystalline highs of carbon with the mellow tones of glass. The synergy between the unidirectional soundboard and the hybrid body is obvious in the parlor sound.

Specifications
Soundboard: All-graphite Unidirectional Carbon soundboard crafted using Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces. Pinstripe rosette
Body: Carbon/Glass hybrid body. No body braces.
Neck: 12-fret all-graphite NS neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSongs Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod.
Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
Case: Hardshell case.
Finish: UV protective, satin, clear urethane.
Depth at end-pin: 4.125 inches
Lower bout: 13.34 inches
Body Length: 18.78 inches
Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
Scale length: 24.875 inches
Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T
Overall Length: 37.78 inches
Frets clear of body: 12

Thanks for looking. Please message me if you have any questions or need additional information.
Best,
Scott

Martin Custom Shop D-42
Noemi Custom Wedge Ebony and Italian Spruce
Circle Strings Koa Custom OM
Circle Strings Bastogne OM
Gibson 1958 LG-1 Baxendale Conversion
Morin 12-Fret 000 Custom
Lowden O-35 Custom
Taylor 514

"Use what talents you possess:The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best".

Last edited by stptak; 03-02-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:04 PM

The satin is gorgeous on that one Scott.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
carbon fiber guitar, graphite, p12s, rainsong