The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkpicker View Post
Thanks guys. I know is verse off-subject...but how is the CEO-7 for moderate strumming & picking?
I have a 2015 CEO-7. I have no idea what kind of mahogany it is exactly but it's like no other guitar I've ever owned. It looks like your typical blues box but sounds quite different. It is surprising loud for a 00 size and handles anything, even moderate strumming.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
I have a 2015 CEO-7. I have no idea what kind of mahogany it is exactly but it's like no other guitar I've ever owned. It looks like your typical blues box but sounds quite different. It is surprising loud for a 00 size and handles anything, even moderate strumming.
This ^^^^. I have a 2018 and also have no idea (or concern) about the specific mahogany. As far as I can tell it's made of magic and I love it.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
It's a crazy guitar for sure. I brought mine for a friend to try. He's primarily an instrumental composer on electric guitar with effects like delay and reverb. He tried that thing out and about flipped his lid. He's started talking to his girl about selling some of his guitars and other stuff to get one of his own. He had never really gotten into acoustic guitars previously. I told him to watch out. The Martin bug had bitten him hard.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:03 AM

Now I found the thread with the right information from the Martin company:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/....php?p=5822158

Post 13
Old 06-04-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkpicker View Post
Thanks guys. I know is verse off-subject...but how is the CEO-7 for moderate strumming & picking?
Works quite well for strumming. Won't give you that big lush dread strum but it stays rhythmically effective and sounds balanced and musical when strummed. You won't have to try and sing over it though. It won't fill a big room but it still sounds great. I took mine to a family thing this weekend and mostly strummed while i sang. Many complements on how the the guitar sounded.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion