The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-16-2019, 04:29 PM

How are you linking them together and which do you put first? You go into the GTX first and the guitar thru goes into the Zoom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Yes, I am one of the lucky ones that still have a Play GTX. It was the first in the Play Acoustic format. It is exactly as the Play Acoustic (without Bodyrez) but has a guitar thru. I am using it now with the Zoom A1 four.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
How are you linking them together and which do you put first? You go into the GTX first and the guitar thru goes into the Zoom?
Yes, that’s it.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, that’s it.
Actually I am working with both. It seems to work better with the Zoom passing through. However, I am working also on going into the unit so I can use one wireless xvive XLR unit.

The guitar processing can be set flat and it seems cleaner than the Play Acoustic. I just can’t seem to get the Play Acoustic to not color the sound.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:20 PM

You are using a Play Acoustic too? Seems like the Play Acoustic is really meant to be a one and only pedal. It doesn’t seem to work well alongside other guitar effects. If you want a clean guitar signal, the only way is to split it before.

Quote:
Actually I am working with both. It seems to work better with the Zoom passing through. However, I am working also on going into the unit so I can use one wireless xvive XLR unit.

The guitar processing can be set flat and it seems cleaner than the Play Acoustic. I just can’t seem to get the Play Acoustic to not color the sound.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
You are using a Play Acoustic too? Seems like the Play Acoustic is really meant to be a one and only pedal. It doesn’t seem to work well alongside other guitar effects. If you want a clean guitar signal, the only way is to split it before.
I can’t seem to get what I want from the Play Acoustic; therefore, I try what else is possible. Vocals are great, but I don’t like the guitar processing. I can’t seem to get a good, clean signal for any of my guitars.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:39 PM

I think I prefer a simpler pedal for vice like the GXT and then a separate pedal just for guitar preamp/DI/EQ/ effects

Quote:
I can’t seem to get what I want from the Play Acoustic; therefore, I try what else is possible. Vocals are great, but I don’t like the guitar processing. I can’t seem to get a good, clean signal for any of my guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification