The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-05-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Have you guys tried using 5 K&K mini transducers or the larger K&K 12 string transducers on a 6 string?
While sleeping on it, I had a vision. The soon to be world famous Emerald Ruby Cross begs to be BBBBAD TO THE BONE! Hold onto your skirts for this idea. How about installing five large 12 string transducers! All my fancy phase buttons and notch filters may finally get used to tame the beast. But it should be a great sound.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 04-05-2018 at 06:46 AM. Reason: masked profanity
Old 04-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
While sleeping on it, I had a vision. The soon to be world famous Emerald Ruby Cross begs to be BBBBAD TO THE BONE!
Huh... BBBBAD - I've never heard of that alternate tuning!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Huh... BBBBAD - I've never heard of that alternate tuning!
Good one ...thought the same thing when I saw that...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-05-2018, 07:11 AM

I went with the gig bag when I ordered my Emerald and have no regrets. Last September I took my X20 to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for a week-long camping/canoeing trip. I'd taken a Rainsong with a hardshell on an earlier trip and found that the hardshell's weight was a killer on the portages. When we carry 75 lb packs and canoes across land between lakes, every ounce DOES matter. The well made gig bag offered pretty good protection. Some had advised that I get a travel sized guitar instead of the X20 for these type of trips but in this case the slightly heavier guitar was worth it to me.

Taylor NS34c
Tayor 616 (2016)
Emerald Custom X20 Artisan

Some past guitars:
1968 Martin D35-S
Martin 00-28VS
Rainsong Dread
Old 04-05-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusknives View Post
I went with the gig bag when I ordered my Emerald and have no regrets. Last September I took my X20 to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for a week-long camping/canoeing trip. I'd taken a Rainsong with a hardshell on an earlier trip and found that the hardshell's weight was a killer on the portages. When we carry 75 lb packs and canoes across land between lakes, every ounce DOES matter. The well made gig bag offered pretty good protection. Some had advised that I get a travel sized guitar instead of the X20 for these type of trips but in this case the slightly heavier guitar was worth it to me.
The BWCA trips are outstanding. Living out of a canoe and not seeing any other groups for a week is mind blowing. I can only imagine the acoustics of those rocky shores. Would the Loons at night reply to you?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:38 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

No loons this year. Instead it was the year of the black bear that we heard but fortunately never had in the campsite. I can't believe I didn't take a pic of my Emerald up there. I think it sang just a wee bit sweeter up there with all the natural beauty.This was the view from my tent.

Taylor NS34c
Tayor 616 (2016)

Some past guitars:
1968 Martin D35-S
Martin 00-28VS
Rainsong Dread
Old 04-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

No loons this year. Instead it was the year of the black bear that we heard but fortunately never had in the campsite. I can't believe I didn't take a pic of my Emerald up there. I think it sang just a wee bit sweeter up there with all the natural beauty.This was the view from my tent.

Cool photo......
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Guest 928

Jim;

I don't know if you've read it, but a sometimes forum member wrote a book titled How to Canoe in Canada, almost get killed by rapids, eaten by polar bears, have your blood sucked out by clouds of mosquitoes and other fun stuff! You might think from the title that you've read most of the story. There's more and it's delightful.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Jim;

I don't know if you've read it, but a sometimes forum member wrote a book titled How to Canoe in Canada, almost get killed by rapids, eaten by polar bears, have your blood sucked out by clouds of mosquitoes and other fun stuff! You might think from the title that you've read most of the story. There's more and it's delightful.
EvanB,
I'll try to check it out. Been canoeing up there since 1965 (yeah, getting old) but always enjoy other people's takes on the place.

Kramster,
Apparently Photobucket is not the way to go for me, anymore!

Taylor NS34c
Tayor 616 (2016)

Some past guitars:
1968 Martin D35-S
Martin 00-28VS
Rainsong Dread
Old 04-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Kramster,
Apparently Photobucket is not the way to go for me, anymore!
I use Flickr
Old 04-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Love my Ziricote X20-12!

Todd in Chicago
Old 04-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Todd, that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the Ziricote pic. Have you figured out the correct pronunciation of Ziricote?

Edit: this is what the innerwebs says:

ziricote (chee-ree-coh-tee?)

zeer-a-coat-A

Zeer a co tee...just a guess

zeer-ih-coat

zir-a-khote

Ziricote (I believe one of a number of native tongues in Mexico/CA), its pronunciation in the Spanish form would be See-ree-coh-teh with a rolled r

ziricote (zer uh coat)

zi·ri·co·te / zirəˈkōtā

Zur-coat

zur-coat-ee

zee ree kó tay

zeer-co-tee

zira-coa(t)-Tay ( alternate sear-uh-coa(t)-Tay)

Last edited by jwellsy; 04-08-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 PM

We finalized the veneer orientation today. Alistair took a couple more pics for me and I chose the one that shows off the most interesting details.Mainly because of where the bridge falls between some filigree. He also said he liked the name Emerald Ruby Cross.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
We finalized the veneer orientation today. Alistair took a couple more pics for me and I chose the one that shows off the most interesting details.Mainly because of where the bridge falls between some filigree. He also said he liked the name Emerald Ruby Cross.

I think of a cowboy guitar when I see that steer skull shape...I likes it.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Guest 928

WOW! Just WOW! Good on you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber