The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-26-2021, 04:17 PM

Default my new Fishman 330X

Hi I 've been using my new soloamp 330X for about the last 10 gigs. I have a friend who plays with me sometimes. I'm thinking of buying the Expander ; which gives you 4 channels thru this thing. Anyone here own one/ Any issues? Thanks.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:20 PM
Charter Member

I owned both the 330x and the expander. Works fantastic. Adds a few channels with some EQ and reverb. I think it’s worth it.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:22 PM

Do you have the sub? It seems difficult to get the sub for Fishman SA330 now

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten
Old 10-26-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasfan1 View Post
Do you have the sub? It seems difficult to get the sub for Fishman SA330 now
HI no i don't own the sub,i don't really think i need it. i probably don't really need the expander yet either put we all like this kind of stuff ,right?
Old 10-26-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
I owned both the 330x and the expander. Works fantastic. Adds a few channels with some EQ and reverb. I think it’s worth it.
thank you ;i will be ordering it soon. have a feeling it will be on backorder;as was the 330x too. it took almost two months .
Old 10-27-2021, 01:22 PM

The expander is worth it. Not only does it add channels it allows more convenient tweaking
while you're on stage because you can have it near you while the main stick is a little ways
away (recommended, see below). The cable is supposedly a plain cat5 type straight through
that would be easy to replace, if needed. (But I haven't tested other cables myself.)

If you don't already have it, get the deluxe rolling case. Very easy to handle one handed.

The least important part of the system is the SA Sub, at least for guitar and vocals stuff.
It does add some fullness but it's a separate piece and while not heavy for a sub it is not
light. I find mine is most useful as a small footprint stand for the stick in tight spaces.

My other experience is that it sounds best if you can be at least 6 feet away from it. It
doesn't sound its best if your head is right next to it. Probably because of it being more
of an array type system?

But overall I've loved how mine works out. Hope this helps,

_Roger
Old 10-27-2021, 05:45 PM

I've had the 330x for a little over a year. I really like it. We plug lead vocal mic and acoustic guitar into the tower, and piano/acoustic guitar/harmony vocal mic into the expander. We have the subwoofer also. It handles everything great!

It stays in one place - pretty much it's the 'House PA.' We plan to put it on a flatbed trailer, plug it into a generator, and use it with six mics for caroling a couple of nights this Christmas season.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPease View Post
The expander is worth it. Not only does it add channels it allows more convenient tweaking
while you're on stage because you can have it near you while the main stick is a little ways
away (recommended, see below). The cable is supposedly a plain cat5 type straight through
that would be easy to replace, if needed. (But I haven't tested other cables myself.)

If you don't already have it, get the deluxe rolling case. Very easy to handle one handed.

The least important part of the system is the SA Sub, at least for guitar and vocals stuff.
It does add some fullness but it's a separate piece and while not heavy for a sub it is not
light. I find mine is most useful as a small footprint stand for the stick in tight spaces.

My other experience is that it sounds best if you can be at least 6 feet away from it. It
doesn't sound its best if your head is right next to it. Probably because of it being more
of an array type system?

But overall I've loved how mine works out. Hope this helps,

_Roger
cool this is good to know .i did buy the rolling bag;i also have had the 220 for about 10 years.yes it seems if i'm too close to it ;it sounds muddy.
Old 10-28-2021, 01:38 AM

I had the whole system, stick, sub, expander and trolley. Best system ever, but a bit hard to transport with public transportation. Having developed a sore back I had to sell the system. Back on topic. You don't need these in a normal situation. I've been using it once, at an open air. Since that the SUB stood in a corner, collecting dust. The EXPAND is a great tool, when you need more channels than the two of the SA330x. I needed 3 channels, before the Tonedexter hit the market, that's why I got the SA330x system. Being able to switch the reverb on/off is a big plus. I regret that I had to sell the System, due to my back. A very good and thought through system, but if you don't have a bass player, you won't need the SUB.

Last edited by stringbound; 11-03-2021 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:25 PM

If you are going to have a partner playwith you then I highly recommend the expansion ports. Easy to use and set up. Also I have the sub but I play music during my breaks. Sound quality is better with the sub, but really not necessary. The rolling case is great - I pack all i need in there - cables, extension and power chords for pedal boards, expansion port, accessories. It’s truly a gig in a bag!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification