The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-17-2003, 08:56 AM

I would go for it. Like everyone else has said, the DM3MD has shot up and I think that this one will too. Whenever a sig model that is produced in numbers of <500 (especially for a popular artist that has some die-hard fans), you could always sell it later for a large profit. Of course, I would keep it just to play it and look at it!! The bridge and inlays are sweet-looking, and it probably sounds very sweet as well.

2003 314CE
2001 Gibson Les Paul
2000 Gibson Explorer
2000 Fender Stratocaster USA Std.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:40 AM

It is my understanding that the sigs at Martin also get better tonewoods. Not better grades, but the better cuts within the same grade.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:08 PM

I've got it on reserve and I'm currently waiting for Martin to sell out the model so it will ship. I'm gonna spend the 2700 for it. I think iot sworth it. heavier things came out and I'm a tad bit disapointed. It's mainly electric and some of the songs are too synthesized and fake for me. I'm hoping he will come out with a live album and ressurect his name. His lyrics suck but his playing is unbelieveable I love his technique and style and the few songs that have acoustic in em are my favorites (Daughters is all i can think of right now) Its a great rhythm he sets up and the lead guitar is great sounding. The lyrics in some of the songs arent too bad but some of em u just scratch ur head and go wtf was he going for whats the ****in point? Understand what I mean? I can't wait for this thing to come out. I have the money and everything and for my (16th) bday kmy ma paid for the down payment (300) and gave me 200 more towards the guitar. I savin up for a DM3MD right now though.

And to give my opinion on the sig guitar craze..... The reason I started playing guitar is because of Dave and thats the main reason I want hius guitar. More or less the same for JM. Dave is my idol I want to be him but I also want to be myself in playing. I want to learn his techniques and throw in some of my own because anyone that says they play totally original is a bull****ter because ur technique reflects the music you listen to. You may not realize it but you're a mirror of what you absorb. I have no guilt paying a few extra bucks because the artist that I adore and want play like sig is on it.... Just my opinons....

-Charlie
Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I savin up for a DM3MD right now though.
You better decide which one is more important to you then! After you put down the $2700 for the JM model, the DM3MD will just keep appreciating in price. I'm pretty sure you can't find one for less than $3000, IF you can find someone who's selling.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by HendrixWS
More or less the same for JM. Dave is my idol I want to be him but I also want to be myself in playing. .... Just my opinons....
I can very much appreciate where you are coming from, in fact I had a DM3MD and Dave Matthews was one of my major influences. HOWEVER...

Be you. Learning his style and how to play his songs are one thing, but wanting to be the same is another.

Write your own music not music "like his". Sing your own songs, in your own voice, not his. Allow influence but not dominance.

If you dont it will be a rut that will take you a long time to get out of.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification