The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyson View Post
...I personally would stay away from a Bugera as they have a well deserved history of bad reliability.
Beg to differ - while the very first run of V-Series amps indeed had a well-documented history, the initial production gremlins have long since been worked out (see my comments above); not only are those made from the last quarter of 2009 on (this includes second-gen "blue-light" amps as well as all Infinium models) every bit as reliable as any other PCB production amp out there, you're not going to find comparable tone/construction quality for anywhere near the (very reasonable) price. FYI my V22 has been my go-to road warrior for the last eight trouble-free years, I picked up a V5 Infinium early last year for band practice/acoustic jams/coffeehouse gigs, and there's a V55 somewhere in my future; BTW if you do a search there's a whole bunch of other happy owners around here - and IME just about everyone who puts aside the early negative press and tries one, buys one...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars