The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Not to hi-jack the thread, but had to let Keith know that I really liked the song he has a link to in his signature line...joining in the prayers...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
This doesn't surprise me in the least....

Pernambuco is an amazing tonewood and in Jim's hands was likely built to its potential. I find Pernambuco to be quite different than BRW. For example, both woods can be built to be balanced and responsive guitars; but Pernambuco in my experience (mine is a Sexauer) does not impart the signature euphonic low-end rumble, harmonics, high frequency ringing overtones and sustain but in contrast a balanced fundamental tonic clarity infused with sustaining, choir-like harmonizing overtones.
Are you an economist or a politician? :-)

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 12-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Default 2014 Olsons

#1476.........first serial number of the year:

see mine on Jim's website.....3rd one down.....#1476

http://olsonguitars.com/rs.php

I have #1327 and it was the best guitar I had ever played, amazing feel and crystal clear across the entire spectrum. Played it against dozens of other high end guitars of friends on AGF. We all chose #1327 as being superior to every guitar.

Then, #1476 arrived the day before Thanksgiving. Oh my, oh my. Jim said the woods were very special in every regard and he was spot on correct. This instrument is sublime. Oh my, oh my. And it looks ok too! LOL

Enjoy!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Not to hi-jack the thread, but had to let Keith know that I really liked the song he has a link to in his signature line...joining in the prayers...
Thanks Billy.

The full story is on the youtube video linked below..... Jackie Faircloth, and 18 year old from my hometown was in a hit and run accident and was left with a traumatic brain injury....and has since been moved to the Shepard Center in Atlanta for intense therapy work. She was initially in a medically induced coma and was eventually taken off the medications. She is moving her hands and feet and has started to open her eyes a little, and to track voices with them. And was lifting a finger on command and a few thumbs up to a therapist. Jackie has a long patient road to recovery and please keep all the positive prayers coming.

It was a very rough production draft of the song we threw together with a video pictorial that celebrates her and our community's support.
http://youtu.be/wBchS6EfXDA

Olson Brazilian Dread #1325
Olson Brazilian SJ #1350
Olson Tiger Myrtle Dread #1355
Olson Brazilian Jumbo #1351
Olson 12-string Jumbo (one of only a few)
Martin D-42 Johnny Cash #51/200 (only 80 made)
And a few others

Quite a few limited edition and rare Martins
-----------------

http://www.kekomusic.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop