The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-26-2022, 12:56 PM

Default Any way to assign the built in EQ of a K8.2 to only one of the inputs?

I usually play as a duo but am putting together a little solo rig using what I have laying around (without duplicating equip from the duo rig) and trying to avoid buying anything new.

Currently using a TC Play Acoustic for guitar and vocals into a K8.2. Vocals into side A, guitar into side B.

Guitar sounds fantastic but the vocals could use a little eq (and probably an upgrade in talent). There are some preset vocal eqs in the TC but what I’d like to do is just tweak the eq in the 8.2 but only have it affect one channel.

I’m trying to avoid the obvious solution of a mixer if I can.

Possible?
Old 06-28-2022, 01:13 PM

Are you saving your own pre-sets in the PlayAcoustic? Just dial up the sounds in your head and save them, name and number them, and call up the one you want for the song you are doing.

The two XLR’ outs split voice and guitar so the voice channel can be whatever you want it to be.

Go into setup menu and change any effect or vocal parameter you want. You won’t find any powered speaker with the amount of adjustability that’s in the vocal menu on the Play/Acoustic.

Hope that helps, and, read the manual. I guarantee 80% of what that TCH/PA does you haven’t touch yet. There is a massive amount of digital voodoo in that box but TCH doesn’t share any information freely.
Good luck.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:16 PM

Thanks. I did look through all that stuff. What I can’t find is just a simple way to boost the highs and mids on the mic channel of the TCH pedal, you know like a simple three knob eq on a mixer.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:48 PM

Page 30 gives you multiple eq choices for mic.
Page 31 tells how to make sure guitar and voice go out separate XLR’S
I hope this is some help for you to get the answer you need.

And also, channel A and channel B on all QSC K2 series have separate Eq available in the menu selection screen.
BUT-if you aren’t splitting the voice and guitar out of the play acoustic, that won’t help you.

Last edited by Chickee; 06-29-2022 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:37 PM

Yes. I found those eq options. But what they don’t offer is a more bright option. I need to boost the mids and highs a bit.

I can’t figure out how the QSC has a separate eq for each a and b side. Mine seems like it’s a master eq. I am splitting the signal so I don’t want to brighten up the guitar. Just the vocal side.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:05 PM

Another way to attack this is by darkening your guitar tone dramatically in the THC/PA and then brightening the eq in the QSC. Guitar will return to normal and vocals will be brighter.

Last edited by Chickee; 07-02-2022 at 07:32 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification