The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 05-18-2020, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Lucas Nelson

Anyone else here enjoying Willie Nelson's son Lucas with his offering of the Evening Quarentunes? He seems to have his own unique interface with the audience/camera.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvjrRZFOFsU

Last edited by Acousticado; 05-19-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added embedded video link
Old 05-18-2020, 07:44 PM

I caught him on Austin City Limits a couple of weeks ago and really fell for him and his crew - full disclosure - I didn't even know it was Willie's son until researching him for a few days, then all the clues clicked (not the least of which he sounds just like him).

So, his tour is starting up in a bit and am fortunate enough he is coming to Wichita to play the classic Cotillion Ballroom - and, I will be there.

It also looks like he will join his dad for a night at Buffalo Chips Campground in Sturgis in August - 60,000 drunk/loaded bikers - what could go wrong? (actually the entertainers like that place it seems . . .)
Old 05-19-2020, 01:38 PM

I haven’t watched his Quarantunes, but I did learn his song “Turn off the news and plant a garden” the other day.

Appropriate for the times.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

Big thanks to Acousticado for editing the video presentation. Every time I watch this I laugh and my wife shakes her head, then she laugh with me. I really like the way he plays with power on all of the different guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN