The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-24-2020, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the input. I now have mine going but it was definitely not starting to charge at all.
I had to plug and unplug it a bunch of times until it finally starting charging. Couple hours later it now seems to be working great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Mine didn't work until I let it sit on the charger awhile. After that it's been fine. What's strange though is that it charged so quickly that it must have had some charge. You'd think it would have worked.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Another vendor showed up on Amazon, with a faster ship time than Prime. My wife canceled the Prime and ordered the today. Already shipped, with a tracking that says next week. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:00 AM

Have you updated the firmware on the amp. I couldn't believe that there is already a newer version available for my THR10II. Maybe that would help in some way?
Old 04-28-2020, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

FedEx is such a tease... the delivery date for the THR originally said "Monday, April 27 before end of day." Now that has passed, it just says "Delivery Pending." It may or may not be in the FedEx hub, about 80 miles away. Just... pending.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
FedEx is such a tease... the delivery date for the THR originally said "Monday, April 27 before end of day." Now that has passed, it just says "Delivery Pending." It may or may not be in the FedEx hub, about 80 miles away. Just... pending.
So do you think the amp is in your region(80 miles.??) or do you think it's on a boat somewhere in the pacific sitting next to a couple thousand of them in a crate.??
Old 04-28-2020, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
So do you think the amp is in your region(80 miles.??) or do you think it's on a boat somewhere in the pacific sitting next to a couple thousand of them in a crate.??
Well, it did ship (according to FedEx), same day it was ordered. It was moving along just fine, tracking along the way. Then, somewhere between the FedEx hub near Houston and here in the Tropical Tip of Texas, it went into "Never-Never Land" (Pending-Pending Land??). The original delivery date was May 1st; then, the tracking showed it to be delivered on May 27th; then... Pending. I'm guessing it was getting here too soon, so someone at the FedEx hub is jamming out on it.

On another front: the Yamaha bag my wife ordered for it arrived today. Cool bag... might be fun to have something to put in the bag.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Well, it did ship (according to FedEx), same day it was ordered. It was moving along just fine, tracking along the way. Then, somewhere between the FedEx hub near Houston and here in the Tropical Tip of Texas, it went into "Never-Never Land" (Pending-Pending Land??). The original delivery date was May 1st; then, the tracking showed it to be delivered on May 27th; then... Pending. I'm guessing it was getting here too soon, so someone at the FedEx hub is jamming out on it.

On another front: the Yamaha bag my wife ordered for it arrived today. Cool bag... might be fun to have something to put in the bag.
Is your bag blue or black? I got a black one off Amazon for my 10ii, which is great, but I see there is a blue one on Yamaha's website. Maybe the blue one is for the the 30ii?
Old 04-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Is your bag blue or black? I got a black one off Amazon for my 10ii, which is great, but I see there is a blue one on Yamaha's website. Maybe the blue one is for the the 30ii?
It is dark brown, with medium brown trim.

I can see that it looks kinda blue(ish) in this Yamaha image, but it is dark brown in person. It has velcro inserts so it will accommodate the smaller THRs, as well.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...bg1/index.html
Old 04-28-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
It is dark brown, with medium brown trim.

I can see that it looks kinda blue(ish) in this Yamaha image, but it is dark brown in person. It has velcro inserts so it will accommodate the smaller THRs, as well.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...bg1/index.html
Cool. That's the one I was talking about. Very nice.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:24 PM

The second generation case is a little bigger to accommodate the larger size of the THR30ii. It includes some pads for the smaller THR10ii models. The original case is too small for the THR30ii.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:

Smiling. You have a good attitude about it. Both of you.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Well, FedEx has released it from "Pending" to "On the FedEx vehicle for delivery today." Past experience has shown that the FedEx driver on a couple occasions has been "not able to find that address"... on an island where the lots are numbered sequentially... and the address numbers are on signs at every intersection, as well as on the driveway and the house. Seems that as it gets close to 5:00 pm, they lose the ability to see a house number. Even though they delivered to our house a few days before.

The bag came via UPS.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:48 PM

My case came today, so I have the full setup: THR30ii, the Line6 G10T transmitter and the case!

Be aware that there are three pads inside the case: the two Velcro end ones a full length one along the bottom. I missed the bottom one at first.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

It arrived, and I played different guitars with it until my fingers bled. No, not really. But, it is impressive! I think I will get a lot of use out of it.

I have been doing every other day or so "staying at home songs," and did this one this afternoon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zq0...ature=youtu.be

A crunchy electric guitar tone with a flanger pedal with an acoustic? Yeah, it can do that. ;-)

------

I ran a cable from one side of the stereo out on the back of the THR to the Bose S1 Pro - nice, rich sound; this could easily be used when playing out. One thing I discovered: I first ran just a regular guitar cable from the THR 30ii to the Bose, and got a hummmm. I tried the other side of the stereo line out - same thing. I switched to a TRS 1/4" cable and the hummmm went away - very clean. I guess the "stereo" out should have clued me in.

Last edited by Captain Jim; 04-29-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

For those who haven't been able to get hands-on with one of these, here is the size...

I am an average size human. That isn't an average size amp. Yamaha has packed a lot of sound and features into that compact footprint.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars