The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-18-2020, 07:21 PM

Finally got it today. Tried it in my Pacifica. Worked in the adjacent room through the wall. Surprising since my wife's doesn't if she covers the transmitter with her hand (X-Vive U3). The connector in some guitars was a little loose and gave an intermittent hiccup here or there, but it worked with all my acoustic-electric guitars (some active some passive pickups) going into my THR10II. I haven't tried it into a PA system yet, but can't see things being any different. If I need an active DI for a guitar with passive pickups, I'll still use the active DI. If I can go directly into the board, I will.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:05 AM

Wow, that took a long time. A couple of friends ordered them on deal day and had them in three days.

When you say the connector was loose, you mean the actual plug? Is it the shape that won’t let the plug seat fully?
Old 05-19-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Wow, that took a long time. A couple of friends ordered them on deal day and had them in three days.

When you say the connector was loose, you mean the actual plug? Is it the shape that won’t let the plug seat fully?
You know how some cables are so tight you can barely get them into the ending jack? What is 1/4" 6.3mm or so? Assuming it is, the X-Vive transmitter plug seems to be 6.25mm or so, whereas those tight cables would be 6.35.mm.

6.25mm = 0.246"
6.30mm = 0.248"
6.35mm = 0.250"

0.002 in makes a significant difference when plugging in.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
You know how some cables are so tight you can barely get them into the ending jack? What is 1/4" 6.3mm or so? Assuming it is, the X-Vive transmitter plug seems to be 6.25mm or so, whereas those tight cables would be 6.35.mm.

6.25mm = 0.246"
6.30mm = 0.248"
6.35mm = 0.250"

0.002 in makes a significant difference when plugging in.
I know by your posts that you are a savvy guitar guy, so...
Get to the guts of the 1/4” jack and bend the catch over the hole slightly to tighten the connection when the plug is inserted.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I know by your posts that you are a savvy guitar guy, so...
Get to the guts of the 1/4” jack and bend the catch over the hole slightly to tighten the connection when the plug is inserted.
Thanks for the tip and the kind words.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars