The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Bumping this one up! The CITES processor could be a really nice find, hoping this guitar finds a home in the US soon!
Old 04-15-2019, 09:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Thanks for that friendly bump...

Thanks. I've not been bumping this guitar too regularly because I've been playing the Kinnaird SJ quite a bit. Quite recently I sold one of my all time favourite guitars which was one of my main "go to" guitars. So I've been missing that one a lot & the Kinnaird has been getting more playtime. I have to confess to being undecided (again) on this guitar because right now I'm 50:50 on whether to sell it OR my Froggy Bottom F14 deluxe. I'm still more likely to sell the Kinnaird though because the Froggy neck profile suits my smaller hands much better. But tonally speaking there's very little that can divide the 2 guitars although they have very different sounds. But one of them must go as I'm forced into simplifying my life. So if any US buyer is interested, the price is $4,000 US which I think is an absolute steal considering the numerous upgrades & quality. It would take 3 weeks to sort out the CITES certification through an agency, I would split the £109 costs with you & the shipping to the USA will cost approx £130 or so. No doubt this is one special guitar & someone will be very happy with it......unless I decide to let the Froggy F14 go instead!

Last edited by neildealdylan; 04-17-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump.....and price drop!

I need to be ruthless about this or I'll end up keeping her & offloading my Froggy Bottom F14 deluxe instead. If I could switch the Froggy Bottom neck profile onto the Kinnaird Sj then I would keep her. But the Froggy neck carve suits my hands better. So bump this one up to the top......and any US buyer can have her for $3900 plus approx $250 US shipping/CITES costs (actual costs only)
Old 04-24-2019, 09:16 AM

Default PM

GLWS, very nice guitar.

Last edited by avantgarde; 04-25-2019 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 08-23-2019, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Default Another price drop.....

Price drop to $3650 to any US buyer. I've been a little apathetic about letting this one go & considered a few EU trades. But now motivated to sell & priced to go.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Fabulous Kinnaird SJ bump....

Some serious enquiries about this sublime guitar & PM/emails replied to. I'm giving this guitar away at this price compared to some of Steve's other listed guitars. Fabulous fingerpicker which answers a few of the questions. No one will be disappointed in this guitar & with all the upgrades....a HUUUUUGE bargain!
Old 09-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Default And another bump.....

For maybe the last time, one final bump for this bargain Kinnaird SJ. I've received a few EU trade offers (which I'm seriously considering) & a couple of other offers too with cash/trade..... I'd rather sell this guitar outright because I need to simplify my life & keep my wife happy. It would be the easiest thing to get this guitar over to the USA so don't let CITES deter you. You won't find any other Kinnaird SJ at this price, especially with all the upgrades. There's been a lot of USA interest but CITES seems to put most buyers off!?! It's a steal! Feel free to email/PM me.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Default On Hold.....

This guitar is now "on hold" until payment in 3 weeks. I've accepted an offer on this guitar. Predominantly I've been made many trade offers & even though I was open to the possibility of an exceptional trade.......I really need to simplify my guitar world and sell this. Thanks for the trade offers anyway. The buyer will be extremely happy with this guitar & only sorry I cannot afford the luxury of keeping it.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:16 AM

Congratulations on your possible sale (I hope you get your payment quickly although I never would remove something from sale without the cash in hand). I would have purchased this from you months ago if I didn't already have a one-of-a-kind Steve Kinnaird. He is a true world-class guitar builder and we're all still lucky (for the meantime) that his guitar's aren't yet $15,000 to $20,000.

I did just check your listing on Ebay- it is still live and accepting offers.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 09-26-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Smile Amazing...

I am amazed this is still here.

Some serious AGF DNA in this beauty! Might not be too late to make an offer, as like Denver Steve said, best not to pull a FS listing until one has the CASH in hand!!!

Best on this Neil!

Be well and have FUN

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 10-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Well, based on my interpretation of the OP's last post, we have ~5 more days to find out...... hope it works out as indicated.

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics
Old 10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Smile Unbelievable...

If I was not in ruthless sell mode...

This is a spectacular instrument in spectacular condition from a very nice gentleman!

I would opt for a clear Pickguard and show off the awesome top!

I have been corresponding with Neil on this. I am certain the next owner will be STOKED.

at this price someone should put in a back up offer! Just sayin...

Happy picking to all

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 10-17-2019, 04:08 AM
Charter Member

Default Guitar sold.....

This guitar has just sold. The buyer has got himself an incredible bargain & a superb instrument in every way. Eventually I took a tremendous hit on the price & accepted an offer. But the guitar deserved to be played and my guitar life needs to be very simplified from now on. I seriously considered a couple of Martin trades which would have been easy to flip on for more money than the Kinnaird SJ sold for. Certainly I doubt I'll buy any more US boutiques because times seems to have changed & superb luthiers like Stephen Kinnaird are little known in the UK. But this fabulous Kinnaird SJ is going "home" to the USA and I will commence the CITES certification process shortly which will take a number of weeks to complete. Thanks for everyone's input though which has been warmly appreciated. One last thing though....if anyone has the opportunity to buy one of Stephen's guitars then go for it. Certainly they are very special indeed & this was difficult to let go. I'll miss it for sure. The buyer of this guitar will be incredibly happy, I've no doubts about that!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars