The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-15-2019, 02:53 PM

Default I been enjoying...

Hey All,

Since Christmas a new gy11me-ns

And in the last few weeks to practice with an idcore beam...

https://blackstaramps.com/uk/ranges/idcore-beam

Amazing good sound and I can put Bluetooth mp3 in to play along with. Also a dozen effects that are pretty darn good. See the link for all options. I like that I can go from one of my acoustic electrics to my tele or gretsches all on the same small amp. They all sound very good. Very pleased with this for practice purposes. It even has me toying with getting a bass guitar. Would one gig with it - likely not but for practice or living room fun yes. I just wish it had a battery option.

-Ed-

from Blaine Larsen's Song "If Merle Would Sing My Song"
Old 03-15-2019, 04:06 PM

Cool. I bought an ID Core 10w last year to keep in my corporate apartment on the road. No bluetooth. I bought it initially for my guitar but I plug my laptop into it every night and use to listen to music and Netflix. Great sound comes out of it.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:35 PM

Hey All,

I failed to comment on the guitar.

The Takamine is all mahogany with a plywood top. To me it sounds great - different than a spruce solid top for sur but really good. I do distinctively notice that sound does not sorta spring forth or sustain quite as loud or as long from this plywood top as a solid top but it is in no way bad at all. The electric part with a 3 band EQ and gain is really great sounding through an amp. I think it is easy to see why so many pros use Takamine on stage. I'm very happy with the guitar for the purpose I bought it for - great sounding couch guitar acoustic or electric that I won't cry about when it gets its first owner...

-Ed-

from Blaine Larsen's Song "If Merle Would Sing My Song"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars