The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations Doug. That is one amazing looking and sounding guitar!! If I still lived in Flower Mound I would love to come over and play it. I'm commissioning a guitar from Leo Buendia and I'm hoping he has another set of that amazing fiddle back mahagony for my new build!! Congratulations again and if I ever get back your way I will be sure to look you up.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:19 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Doug, I know I'm arriving a touch late to the party, but that is just a gorgeous guitar! Design elements that make your mouth water. Congrats on the new guitar!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Fiddleback Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwpierce View Post
Congratulations Doug. That is one amazing looking and sounding guitar!! If I still lived in Flower Mound I would love to come over and play it. I'm commissioning a guitar from Leo Buendia and I'm hoping he has another set of that amazing fiddle back mahagony for my new build!! Congratulations again and if I ever get back your way I will be sure to look you up.
Thanks Rob, I didn't realize that you had moved. By all means let me know when you are back in the DFW area and come by to check out the Robbins and a couple of others you haven't seen yet.

Congratulations on your commission with Leo Buendia. You can't go wrong with a build from Leo no matter what woods you choose. I got to play his 00 at Woodstock made from this same batch of "The Fiddleback Tree" and no surprise, it was great. Here's a picture of the Buendia for those who may have missed it from the balcony where I slipped away to play it more than once:

Old 01-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Default Robbins R.1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Doug, I know I'm arriving a touch late to the party, but that is just a gorgeous guitar! Design elements that make your mouth water. Congrats on the new guitar!

Thanks Mike, I am bringing this guitar to B.I.G. in March for Michael Watt's workshop so you will get a chance to play the Robbins R.1a there along with all the great guitars the exhibiting luthiers will have for us to check out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop