The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-31-2018, 08:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sounds (and looks) pretty fantastic to me David. It bears mentioning that I'm sooooo jealous of your photography skills. Very professional looking presentation in all respects.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:58 AM

Thanks David, there is no disappointment there on any levels, sound, playing, or pictures. Great job again.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:46 AM

I love what you're playing there, love the sound of the guitar but the recording not so much. Very digitally crispy.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:02 AM

I really like it when a gorgeous looking guitar sounds as good as it looks. This has amazing sound and I can only imagine how good it will sound with some 'playing in'.

Brent
Old 01-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Sounds (and looks) pretty fantastic to me David. It bears mentioning that I'm sooooo jealous of your photography skills. Very professional looking presentation in all respects.
Thanks so much Tim ... much appreciated for sure! I love the photographing the finished instrument, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Thanks David, there is no disappointment there on any levels, sound, playing, or pictures. Great job again.
Thanks for the kind words Tom ... looking forward to building your guitar too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
I love what you're playing there, love the sound of the guitar but the recording not so much. Very digitally crispy.
Hey Jim ... "digitally crispy" is a kind way to put it, that's for sure. I somehow managed to record this guitar too hot and ended up with digital distortion when my clumsy hands pegged a note or passage. Also, my guitars develop in the midrange much more than the trebles or bass ... so I make them with a serious point to the attack transient and a scooped midrange, so that when it warms up sonically, it maintains good articulation and space between the notes. When this one gets played in for six months, it's going to be exactly how I wanted it though. Thanks for following this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoFrancisco View Post
I really like it when a gorgeous looking guitar sounds as good as it looks. This has amazing sound and I can only imagine how good it will sound with some 'playing in'.

Brent
Thanks so much Brent ... very much appreciated!

Old 01-02-2019, 08:22 AM

I think the guitar sounds fabulous, and your playing is great - I could listen to this piece all day. Did you build this for a client or is it for sale? (Asking for a friend. )

Stan
Old 01-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Love the elegant lines and clean design of your builds, David. Also, love the story of the build encapsulated in the slideshow along with the finished voice of the guitar in the audio files...and your playing is perfect to showcase the voice of the beauty. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 01-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I think the guitar sounds fabulous, and your playing is great - I could listen to this piece all day. Did you build this for a client or is it for sale? (Asking for a friend. )
Stan
Hey Stan ... this one is in the hands of the gentleman who ordered it as we speak ... sorry. Thanks for popping in to my thread though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaprime View Post
Love the elegant lines and clean design of your builds, David. Also, love the story of the build encapsulated in the slideshow along with the finished voice of the guitar in the audio files...and your playing is perfect to showcase the voice of the beauty. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.
Hey Jeff ... that's just about the nicest comment I've ever had ... thanks so much!
Old 01-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

I'd just to say a thank you to all of the kind folks on this forum ... what an absolute pleasure it is to be part of this talented and supportive community ... thanks so much!

Until next time ... keep on picking!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop