The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-16-2022, 10:59 AM

Default An Emerald Spotted on PBS

'Ireland with Michael' season 2 episode 4 "Galway Girl" has a red Emerald. I couldn't hardly hear it being fingerpicked accompaniment to a female singing a slow ballad. It's either an X20 or X30 and my TV made it look like a fan fret. It didn't sound like my FF X30. But, that could be the mic mixing. This is the first Emerald guitar I've seen on this show.

I've been hoping to see an Emerald factory tour on one of these episodes. Music is a big part of these episodes and many of the performances are in stone structures similar to the refurbished Emerald studio.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 04-20-2022, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

I believe they have a new factory, though the old factory I visited in '17 was still several buildings. Not sure how far from the old factory the new one is, but the old factory was in the middle of nowhere when I visited. I actually got stuck in someone's farm thanks to the Garmin in the car

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber