The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 AM

How cool is that!
Great job by all.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 04-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
How cool is that!
Great job by all.
Hi Jamie!

Thanks for checking in and watching! I'm glad you felt that this came out okay! It was a very rewarding project! Glad you liked it! And thanks for taking time to post your comments and support!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Came back to this again today & still love it just as much. And man, that adoring glance you give Emma at 3:29 is such a sweet thing... I'd love to have such a moment with the grandkids I hope to have in the future. Good on ya'.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggamuffin View Post
Came back to this again today & still love it just as much. And man, that adoring glance you give Emma at 3:29 is such a sweet thing... I'd love to have such a moment with the grandkids I hope to have in the future. Good on ya'.
Hi Raggamuffin,

Thank you! I have been back to watch the video a few times myself. I just love watching and listening to Emma perform that song. And regarding the adoring glance at 3:29, well, you caught me! I was just so pleased for her that she did such a solid job on the song and for once, I hadn't messed up too bad, either!

Believe me, I do feel so very fortunate! And I hope you can have a thousand moments like this someday yourself!

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive comments Raggamuffin!

- Glenn

Last edited by Glennwillow; 04-08-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:37 PM

That was great, Glenn. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Family talent!
Old 04-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcKee View Post
That was great, Glenn. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Family talent!
Thank you Mike!

How nice to hear from you! Thanks so much for watching, listening, and then taking the time to comment here! I'm really pleased that you liked this!

I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 02:32 PM

Beautiful Glenn - such a lovely thing to do together as a family. My favourite of yours I think :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 04-08-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post

I transposed "The House at Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins so that it was in the range of a woman's voice and asked my grand daughter, Emma, who is currently 15 years old, to sing this. My son, Ian, Emma's dad, also agreed to play bass and sing harmony with me to Emma's lead vocal. I, of course, played guitar and sang harmony to Emma. So we have three generations in this video... I really enjoyed this project, and am so grateful to Ian and Emma for working with me on this.

Ian also taught me a slew of new things about how to use Steinberg Cubase. In the end he mixed the audio down for this project. And he is such a good bass player -- he makes it look so easy. He also added some of his own vocal harmony ideas to the project.

Emma is a soprano with a huge vocal range, so even though I have always thought of "House at Pooh Corner" as requiring a good range, she made it seem like no challenge at all.

And in the end, I really thought a song about Winnie the Pooh ought to be sung by someone who really grew up knowing who Winnie the Pooh was.

I hope you enjoy this video! Thanks in advance for watching!

- Glenn
That was fantastic
Old 04-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Beautiful Glenn - such a lovely thing to do together as a family. My favourite of yours I think :-)
Hi Wrighty!

Thanks so much for watching and for posting your comments here! I am so glad you like how this came out!

It was a lovely thing to do. I feel really good about it and about how well Emma did.

And it's okay, too, if this is your favourite of my videos! I think it's my favourite, too!

Thanks so much for your comments!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
That was fantastic
Hi Rockabilly!

Thanks so very much! I know you don't use words like that lightly! I am so glad you liked this! Thanks, too, for taking the time to comment and provide support!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Rockabilly!

Thanks so very much! I know you don't use words like that lightly! I am so glad you liked this! Thanks, too, for taking the time to comment and provide support!

- Glenn
I loved everything about it, and no, I don't use the word fantastic lightly! The video just made me smile. The key fit your grand-daughter perfectly, and the distance from the other mics on the harmony parts were right there to keep everything sounding natural. The family vocal/music connection was strong.

I just found out through Ancestry.com that my DNA says I'm 57% Italian, so in that spirit... FANTASTICO
Old 04-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I loved everything about it, and no, I don't use the word fantastic lightly! The video just made me smile. The key fit your grand-daughter perfectly, and the distance from the other mics on the harmony parts were right there to keep everything sounding natural. The family vocal/music connection was strong.

I just found out through Ancestry.com that my DNA says I'm 57% Italian, so in that spirit... FANTASTICO
Hi Rockabilly!

Thank you again! Yes, I think the key of B for this song fit Emma very well, even though she had a lot of choices.

I did have those large diaphragm condenser mics fairly far away from all of us because I hate wrecking a live take because of pops from plosives. Also, I don't like to see those big mics blocking a person's face. Those mics are so ridiculously quiet that we could do a good job picking up voices from some distance away. Certainly there was a lot of bleed, but I really think that helps the live sound aspect.

It is true that there are similarities in the voices, too. I guess it can't be helped!

Thanks again for your comments! Fantastico is very good!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 07:21 PM

Wonderful performance! I absolutely love seeing 3 generations sharing their gifts with one another.

Keep them coming Glenn.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunote View Post
Wonderful performance! I absolutely love seeing 3 generations sharing their gifts with one another.

Keep them coming Glenn.
Hi Blunote!

Thank you very much -- I am so glad you like this! It was a special event and one that will be hard to repeat very often considering how busy Ian and Emma are. I certainly enjoyed this experience; I am so glad you enjoyed the resulting video! Thanks so much for your comments and for your support! It's greatly appreciated!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 08:05 PM

Fantastic!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell