The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-29-2021, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Default Big Thank You to All on Recording AGF! Happy New Year!

To all of my AGF Recording Brothers, who have posted with their test recordings, questions, answers, & generous advice= a Big Thank you. The Recording process has been intimidating for myself. With your help I am now on the the road to understanding.
Doug Young with his music examples, videos and side by side comparison tests have been invaluable.
Jim1960 super hard work posting Master Guides. Videos, tutorials so that we can learn and understand. He must have spent hours doing that.
I have sent many a questions privately to most all of you. In which every time, I have gotten so very helpful answers. I am so appreciative.
ChuckS, Aloha Chris, Kev Wind, Bob Womack, Guitarman68, GlennWillow, Rick-Slo, Eric Skye, TBman, Doug Young & Jim1960 are constantly contributing to the forum. (forgive me If I have left someone out...old age you know- ha ha)
May all of your Recording Dreams become fulfilled in 2022. Happy New Year my BROTHERS!
Old 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 12-29-2021, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Jim1960 super hard work posting Master Guides. Videos, tutorials so that we can learn and understand. He must have spent hours doing that.
Happy New Year and thanks, Victor. It may have taken a lot of hours but it appears to have been well worth the time. That thread is averaging 53 views per day ...which absolutely amazes me because at first I wasn't sure people would even see it as a useful resource. I hoped they would but it was one of those things that I thought could have easily gone the other way.

I have an idea for another category that I think people would find useful but to add it I'm going to have to use another post in the thread because I'm really up against the character limit in posts 1 and 2. I wish I would have had the forethought to add a few "hold this space for future expansion" posts but I didn't think I'd need more than the two. But as for the hours I've spent on it, like I said, well worth it.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 12-29-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Jim1960 super hard work posting Master Guides.
I am a newbie here in Recording. Are there links to these Guides?
Old 12-29-2021, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Happy New Year to you, as well, K&G!

I hope 2022 is a good year for you and all of us here!

Be well!

- Glenn
Old 12-29-2021, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
I am a newbie here in Recording. Are there links to these Guides?
They're in the stickied thread at the top of this subforum. It's called:
AGF Members Gear Masterlist and Recommended Tutorial Videos

If you scroll through to the end of 2nd post, you'll find a section with videos.
Just FYI - I'll be adding a new section soon and when I do I'm probably going to move all the videos to the 4th post in the thread. Each post has a character limit and I'm right up against it in post 1 and 2 right now.

YouTube
Old 12-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Happy New Year to you, as well, K&G!

I hope 2022 is a good year for you and all of us here!

Be well!

- Glenn
Be Well????? That is a tall order for myself....ha ha
This year I had Covid...and was down for a month. Slept 19 hours a day...it would take me a half hour to forty minutes minutes just to get up....NO energy...did not want to do anything but rest. But besides that...I was lucky....and had no chest congestion...
Then about a Five weeks ago...I Bashed my head on a backyard wood beam. Climbing up a ladder while painting...and did not look up. No biggy...just a two inch gash...not serious... but still left a gash and left me a bit dizzy
A few days latter...I caught the worst 24 hour type flu...Thought I had covid even though I am vaccinated. But I tested fine. Again with no energy...brutal...To play it safe and make sure that I did not give it to anybody else...stayed isolated for a week.
Then just a few days after I got well...I spilled a big steel container full of Hot coffee down my leg. Covering almost from the bottom of my hip down to my ankle. I won't show the pictures....cause they are terrible...But Kaiser Urgent care said it was the WORST burn they had ever seen from any type of burn. ( of course emergency must see much worse) I mean my legged looked like blistered lobster!
And here I am at two and a half weeks later...again.. isolating because I am not suppose to move around much....and my Leg is healing so, so fast! Much, much faster than I expected. I think I will be able to get back to hiking in just another week and half or so.
So almost two months of total isolation this year...YET...IT was a fantastic year regardless. Traveled on a fishing & archery trip to Oregon, Idaho, Montana. Traveled with my brother and Nephew all the way up to Oregon and back and saw some beautiful waterfalls and Redwood forests on another trip. Got to go a couple of Great Traditional Archery Events.
So that will be the Challenge for 2022....ha ha...Staying healthy! Being...Well. And...Recording![/INDENT] Everyone...please be Well! My motto " Sometimes all you can do is Laugh!"
Old 12-29-2021, 04:28 PM

Happy new year to you all - I love this community !
It's just like the world should be: Helpful, supportive, respectful !

Enjoy your musical adventures in good health !

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 12-29-2021, 06:40 PM

Wanted to add my thanks. Starting to dabble in recording myself and that sticky thread is super helpful. Seems like a whole new language to learn!
Old 01-01-2022, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Happy New Year to you Victor, and to all those in this Record forum. Thanks for all your contributions to the little-known art of solo acoustic guitar recording.

While I do hope to make some advancements in recording, for my solo fingerstyle guitar recording and for field recording, I'm also hoping to redivert some time back to regaining and maybe even advancing some playing skills.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi
Old 01-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
This year I had Covid...and was down for a month. Slept 19 hours a day...it would take me a half hour to forty minutes minutes just to get up....NO energy...did not want to do anything but rest. But besides that...I was lucky....and had no chest congestion...
Then about a Five weeks ago...I Bashed my head on a backyard wood beam. Climbing up a ladder while painting...and did not look up. No biggy...just a two inch gash...not serious... but still left a gash and left me a bit dizzy
A few days latter...I caught the worst 24 hour type flu...Thought I had covid even though I am vaccinated. But I tested fine. Again with no energy...brutal...To play it safe and make sure that I did not give it to anybody else...stayed isolated for a week.
Then just a few days after I got well...I spilled a big steel container full of Hot coffee down my leg. Covering almost from the bottom of my hip down to my ankle. I won't show the pictures....cause they are terrible...But Kaiser Urgent care said it was the WORST burn they had ever seen from any type of burn. ( of course emergency must see much worse) I mean my legged looked like blistered lobster!
And here I am at two and a half weeks later...again.. isolating because I am not suppose to move around much....and my Leg is healing so, so fast! Much, much faster than I expected. I think I will be able to get back to hiking in just another week and half or so.
So almost two months of total isolation this year...YET...IT was a fantastic year regardless. Traveled on a fishing & archery trip to Oregon, Idaho, Montana. Traveled with my brother and Nephew all the way up to Oregon and back and saw some beautiful waterfalls and Redwood forests on another trip. Got to go a couple of Great Traditional Archery Events.
So that will be the Challenge for 2022....ha ha...Staying healthy! Being...Well. And...Recording![/INDENT] Everyone...please be Well! My motto " Sometimes all you can do is Laugh!"
Not to revel in your pain but that made me feel like my bad stuff this year was not that bad ..

Had to get a pace maker in April for Afib.

In June I knocked a fairly heavy pointed triangular shaped slab of 5 quarter wood, off some upper shelves in my garage. It fell point down hit me on my upper forehead, got a 1 inch gash and some stitches.

In July I fell flat on my back from about 4 ft in the air, on to hard packed gravel and ended up laying there for about 10 min. before I could even try to get up. Took about 4 months to get over.
My NYR is,,,,,, stop with the dumb accidents

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-01-2022, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Not to revel in your pain but that made me feel like my bad stuff this year was not that bad ..

In June I knocked a fairly heavy pointed triangular shaped slab of 5 quarter wood, off some upper shelves in my garage. It fell point down hit me on my upper forehead, got a 1 inch gash and some stitches.

In July I fell flat on my back from about 4 ft in the air, on to hard packed gravel and ended up laying there for about 10 min. before I could even try to get up. Took about 4 months to get over.
My NYR is,,,,,, stop with the dumb accidents
Looks like we are more than just Recording brothers...we are also Accident brothers!
May both you and I, and all of our recording brothers have an accident free 2022!
Yeah, a couple of problems with old age...it takes longer for us to heal...4 months...long time. I know exactly what you mean.
And the other problem with old age? Beautiful Girls no longer look at us in the same way. Now it is with sympathy and kindness....ha ha..So that unfortunately takes away one inspirational area for songwriting. Oh well, I still write an occasional love song. Just not as many.
Regardless, I have this deep down feeling it is going to be a super year! For songwriting and recording that is.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Hi K&G and KevWind,

Wow, you two guys really had a tough year with accidents and illnesses.

I hope 2022 is a much safer and healthier year for you both!

- Glenn
Old 01-03-2022, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi K&G and KevWind,

Wow, you two guys really had a tough year with accidents and illnesses.

I hope 2022 is a much safer and healthier year for you both!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn I try to look on bright side No covid in the family so that was very good.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-03-2022, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
[/INDENT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

It may be time to bubble wrap the two of you.

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD