The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Playing around with Trio+

I just was given a DigiTech trio+ for Xmas and this was my first attempt to play with it.
I still haven't read the parts in the manual where i learn how to use multiple sections yet.

Fun toy.

https://soundcloud.com/ron-radko/trio
Old 12-27-2019, 10:11 AM

I use mine all the time as glorified metronome to just keep my fingers loose and work on my playing with time, different accents etc.

I find the looper function confusing for some reason (may just be me) so I don't get all the value the Trio+ could provide, and the generated bass patterns aren't always all that what one would choose or compose, but some of the odd-ball, "bad" ones it makes from your input stretch my playing mind a bit.

This box is one of those half-full/half-empty things I think. Those that hoped, needed, or expected it to magically create hip patterns are likely disappointed (though with work it can do better). Those who want a practice tool are likely more satisfied, as I am, and I don't use half of what it can do.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 12-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

I'm definitely just getting started with it. I have figured out the looper but not the sequencing yet.

Definitely having fun. However I just created another track and I used the looper and then tried to record the looper playback with the backing track and then I played lead over it again but this time I didn't like the mix so I need to figure out how to output those as seperate channels into my DAW.

I love the practice aspect though as you mention. Having other parts to play to and then with the looper I can put my chord progression down to play against along with the backing drum beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I use mine all the time as glorified metronome to just keep my fingers loose and work on my playing with time, different accents etc.

I find the looper function confusing for some reason (may just be me) so I don't get all the value the Trio+ could provide, and the generated bass patterns aren't always all that what one would choose or compose, but some of the odd-ball, "bad" ones it makes from your input stretch my playing mind a bit.

This box is one of those half-full/half-empty things I think. Those that hoped, needed, or expected it to magically create hip patterns are likely disappointed (though with work it can do better). Those who want a practice tool are likely more satisfied, as I am, and I don't use half of what it can do.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell