The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM

Default "New" Mandolin - No Hand Pain!

About a year ago, I sold my mandolin because when I played it more than 15 minutes my old hands would cramp and ache ... well, I missed mandolin and finally decided I wanted to replace it ... as I began to play some around at the stores, I was concentrating on different necks ...

I finally found one that felt really good and took it home ... the neck feel is much different than my previous mandolin ... I have been playing this thing everyday, sometime for long stretches and my hands feel fine ... I am very thankful to know that a different type of neck is all it took ...

The mandolin I got was a "The Loar" with what is called a "rounded V profile" neck ... it feels very nice ... I am really liking this instrument ... the mandolin joy has returned ...

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Always great to hear stories about people who have pain playing an instrument who are able to find another model which enables them to play pain free. Congrats on the Loar!

Do you have this issue with guitar necks?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Always great to hear stories about people who have pain playing an instrument who are able to find another model which enables them to play pain free. Congrats on the Loar!

Do you have this issue with guitar necks?
Fortunately, not very often ... and thanks ...

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments