The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-14-2017, 09:20 AM

Default AER Colourizer.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the AER Colourizer. I've just got an AER Compact 60 and was wondering if it was worth it to add an AER Colourizer preamp to get an even better sound. I'm not sure exactly what it does, but many of my favorite players seem to use them, so any advice would be much appreciated!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:30 AM

I posted such a question a while back and got some responses, but will be interesting to see if anyone else has some new input! I agree, many guitarists I respect use the Colourizer (or the Dual EQ)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Thanks, I'll check those out! Have you got the Colourizer?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:12 AM

No I never got one, but am still considering it. If you are thinking of what TE uses, he is now using the Dual EQ, BUT used the Colourizer for years. I only know this because it is on his website. I think the electronics are similar, with some small differences and 2 channels vs. 1 of course.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:06 PM

The colourizer will give you the AER effects (simple but very good) on your mic stand which is handy if your amp is a distance away.

AER might only have a simple collection of effects but they are very effective in live environments.
Martin J40

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification