The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-04-2024, 01:28 PM

Default Guitar Tech in phila/NJ area

Hi ;my guitar guy is busy with a new venture and I need some guitar adjustments ;that if I do ,will screw it worse. Anyone here from my area [south jersey] suggest a good tech? [I kind of think everyone on this forum doesn't live in my area]. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
Hi ;my guitar guy is busy with a new venture and I need some guitar adjustments ;that if I do ,will screw it worse. Anyone here from my area [south jersey] suggest a good tech? [I kind of think everyone on this forum doesn't live in my area]. Thanks.
No one around here ?
Old 03-05-2024, 04:49 AM

I’ve used Brothers in Wind Gap PA. But they’re so busy these days you have to wait months. I too would be interested in an alternative for fret work.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-05-2024, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
...my guitar guy is busy with a new venture and I need some guitar adjustments that if I do, will screw it worse. Anyone here from my area [South Jersey] suggest a good tech?...
Not from your area - I'm at the other end of the GSP - but I'd hop in my '69 Chevy (fuelie heads, Hurst on the floor... ) and head north on Route 9 to these guys; well worth the trip - quality work, reasonably priced, cool people, and they've worked on my guitars for the last decade so I speak from extensive experience:

https://www.repairguitar.com/
Old 03-05-2024, 02:38 PM

You might try CKuz Guitars in Middletown, DE.. I have not used him for service, but did take one of my acoustic projects to him for advice/recommendation as I moved forward in that build. His background is on his website, and contact information. He might be able to help you, or others in this area.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair