The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-30-2020, 09:37 AM
Organic Sounds Select Guitars's Avatar
Organic Sounds Select Guitars Organic Sounds Select Guitars is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,410
Default

Good morning Fred! Listening to your piece was a great way for me to start my day! (although the picture gave this Californian a chill - beautiful pic!). Great resolutions in this piece, I love the way you resolve minor into major tonalities, very satisfying. Great stuff, Fred!

I hear you about the puppy and the Christmas tree - we've also got one, and I'm afraid that she would destroy it in no time flat given the chance!

Best to you,
Larry
__________________
Larry

Organic Sounds Select Guitars
YouTube
Facebook
Instagram
(Previously known around here as LWSog)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2020, 01:33 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Really enjoyed this Fred - haven't heard it before I don't think.

Guitar sounds lovely and the playing relaxed and easy.

A great lead in to the winter season for us all..
Hi Pete! So pleased that you enjoyed this one! I'm glad it had that relaxed and easy feel as a few of the elements in there were a challenge and took a while to work out, mostly in that middle section. A case of you know what you want, just not sure if you can pull it off! LOL!
All the best to you!
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2020, 01:34 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepnback View Post
Very smooth playing and lovely melody!
Thank you very much, Roland!
Best wishes,
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2020, 09:20 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Sounds Select Guitars View Post
Good morning Fred! Listening to your piece was a great way for me to start my day! (although the picture gave this Californian a chill - beautiful pic!). Great resolutions in this piece, I love the way you resolve minor into major tonalities, very satisfying. Great stuff, Fred!

I hear you about the puppy and the Christmas tree - we've also got one, and I'm afraid that she would destroy it in no time flat given the chance!

Best to you,
Larry
Larry, thank you! It's great to hear from you and I'm thrilled this one started your day off in good form!
Congrats on the new puppy.....needless to say, we're busy here in R.I. with this little guy, but as long as we give him a good size run, and I mean run, he's got the rest of the day to be laid back, fetch stuff, small walks and be adorable with us. LOL! Already a great little buddy.
Best wishes always,
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-2020, 11:02 AM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
HI folks.....we're through Thanksgiving, coming up on Dec. 1 and the winter season.
So, here is "Winter's Light" from the CD Autumn's Soul.........DADGAD on the Tom Doerr Legacy. Took the picture from my front porch one winter day a few years ago as the sun set with a nice after glow from a winter storm.
All the best, and stay safe and healthy! Fred

Hello Fred. Very well done. Beautiful tune with a perfect picture to help tell the story.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge Cordoba Lag

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-04-2020, 09:58 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
Hello Fred. Very well done. Beautiful tune with a perfect picture to help tell the story.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Mike....thank you so much! It's great to see you back on AGF! Glad you were able to tune in to this piece and have a listen....much appreciated.
Hope you are doing well and thanks again!
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2020, 10:12 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,689
Default

Hello Fred--

This is a wonderful piece, it almost makes me feel like I might enjoy the winter!

Congrats on your new pup, they keep you young. My boy is almost 11 and still acts like a puppy, best boat dog I've ever had.

Hope all is well in Jamestown, one of the most beautiful places I know
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-05-2020, 08:49 AM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Good morning, Bob!!
So pleased you were able to take a listen to "Winter's Light" and glad that you felt it was a good piece. I have it on a few sites now, Spotify, Amazon, etc. along with a few others which are personal favorites as this one is.
Thanks for the good wishes on the puppy.....he's incredibly loyal, loving...and great fun for us. As you know, walking here on the island offers amazing sights anywhere you turn and we've been discovering new places even after being here many years.
Wishing you health and good tidings for the season......just a few weeks until the days get a little longer!! LOL!
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-05-2020, 10:52 AM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Good morning, Bob!!
So pleased you were able to take a listen to "Winter's Light" and glad that you felt it was a good piece. I have it on a few sites now, Spotify, Amazon, etc. along with a few others which are personal favorites as this one is.
Thanks for the good wishes on the puppy.....he's incredibly loyal, loving...and great fun for us. As you know, walking here on the island offers amazing sights anywhere you turn and we've been discovering new places even after being here many years.
Wishing you health and good tidings for the season......just a few weeks until the days get a little longer!! LOL!
Fred
Hi Fred, it's great that your music is out there to be discovered and enjoyed. I listen to a lot of soundcloud in the car and you are in my feed, for sure!

I will not hold you or your tune "Winter's Light" personally responsible for the snow that is falling here this morning
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-05-2020, 11:50 AM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Hi Fred, it's great that your music is out there to be discovered and enjoyed. I listen to a lot of soundcloud in the car and you are in my feed, for sure!

I will not hold you or your tune "Winter's Light" personally responsible for the snow that is falling here this morning
LOL! Oh boy, glad you're giving me a "pass" on your weather!
Hang tough! Gale winds here and a lot of rain today....some snow later on as temps fall.
How nice that I'm on your SC feed......thank you!
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan- Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy- LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2013 Bamburg FSC- Carpathian/Macassar Ebony
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret- Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=