The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 AM

Default National Resolectric un-amplified volume

Hallo there...
I have recently moved from a house to an apartment :-(

So far playing the acoustic has not been a problem, but I have been pretty careful not to play before 8am or after 8/9 pm.

I had been in the habit of playing early in the morning (5-6 am) and often later in the evenings.

So.... I have been thinking about an electric. I have a National M14T and like it quite a lot, so I was thinking about a resolectric.

Does anyone know how loud these are played acoustically?

thanks,

Various stringed instruments
Old 01-21-2019, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

...I used a National resolectric regularly with an acoustic band unplugged and even used it on an album we recorded without plugging it in...it’s a little extra skranky sounding compared to a regular single cone National but it has plenty of volume to hang with other acoustics and in fact blends nicely volume-wise...if I was looking for. a quieter acoustic sounding guitar by way of an unplugged electric it would not be my choice...a vintage Gibson es125 otoh would work well for that purpose...(or a modern equivalent like a Godin 5th Ave)...and likely cost less...i’ve had a couple of the es 125’s over the years and they worked well for your intended purpose...

Last edited by J Patrick; 01-21-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
...I used a National resolectric regularly with an acoustic band unplugged and even used it on an album we recorded without plugging it in...it’s a little extra skranky sounding compared to a regular single cone National but it has plenty of volume to hang with other acoustics and in fact blends nicely volume-wise...if I was looking for. a quieter acoustic sounding guitar by way of an unplugged electric it would not be my choice...a vintage Gibson es125 otoh would work well for that purpose....and cost less...i’ve had a couple of them over. the years....
Thanks, I kinda had the feeling it might not be less quite than a regular acoustic.

I'll have look at a ES125 as well.

Various stringed instruments
Old 01-21-2019, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmillbern View Post
Thanks, I kinda had the feeling it might not be less quite than a regular acoustic.

I'll have look at a ES125 as well.
...I edited my post and suggested the Godin 5th Ave as a modern and more affordable option...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion