The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Dont Fret!!!!!!! Im here at last.
Well its great to hear Ted has joined the X20 Family but you should have given me a call and I could have built you one to your specs. As you know custom is our thing. I will get Sean to Send you a mug out this week because your really not getting the full experience without the mug. Your favourite coffee in an Emerald mug and you won't even care about the number of frets. Its an ancient Irish mind trick
Love the post, Alistair. I will try your mug, but I think some over here might be drinking more than coffee out of it. Great to hear the back story on the x20.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Dont Fret!!!!!!! Im here at last.
Alistair
Makes me want to order a 24 fret X20, even though I'm darn satisfied with my 20 fret X7 steel string and 18 fret X7 nylon.

Jim
Old 07-11-2017, 05:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCA View Post
Makes me want to order a 24 fret X20, even though I'm darn satisfied with my 20 fret X7 steel string and 18 fret X7 nylon.

Jim
I have found another great guitar doesn't make me appreciate any of the others less.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:19 AM

Great to see Alistair's post and to hear the logic behind the 24 fret configuration, and other design elements. It all makes perfect sense.

Not being an electric player, I literally never use the highest frets. 17 on occasion and maybe 19 if using a capo. My play testing with the Taylor T5 proved to my satisfaction that 20 frets is right for me and Sean said they can do it. To my view, it is basically the fret board used on the twelve string side of the Chimaera double neck, so not completely uncharted waters.

There is always an element of doubt when going sight unseen and custom, but I have faith that it will work out. Now I get to wait patiently for that special box from Ireland. My mug will unfortunately be used for Diet Coke. My favorite single malt is not compatible with the current meds..... .
Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Default focus?

Not sure, but I think this thread lost some of it's focus, which seemed to be convincing someone to send an X20 on a road trip so we can all try it out. It started out as a Ted request to provide a comparison, but quickly evolved into several other pieces. I myself am just trying to get enough $ to get the process started (perhaps a Go Fund Me page lol), but I still have that nagging feeling that I should play one somehow somewhere first. Not that I don't believe the positive reviews here, there are so many.
So is anyone crazy enough to volunteer to send theirs out? Otherwise, is anyone in the MD/PA/DC area with one they would allow visitation privileges? I'd bring cookies or something. john
Old 07-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Sean will probably offer you a period of time to be sure you like it. I doubt you will end up stuck with a guitar that you don't want.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber