The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-24-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
Tomorrow my amber X7 shipping from Ireland to Colorado Springs! And it has a friend shipping along with it. An amber X20,I just couldn't help myself.
I'm almost speechless with pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
And now folks here are buying them two at a time!! I love this place!
This is how I feel about my Emeralds! https://youtu.be/K2vvRwwAF9Y?t=1514
Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Default Rainsong CH-PA or Emerald X7 opus

Turns out Sean couldn't ship the Emerald guitars I ordered on the 22nd, he said that it would have to wait until the following Monday. I had too much time to think. So I cancelled my orders. I know...Horrible...Totally not my style. Anywho I decided to take the advice from some people who have spent a lot of time with me on the phone and whose opinion I greatly admire. So for my needs and playing style I got a blackbird savoy and a blackbird rider instead. I used to own a Rainsong WS, and I played one over the weekend. That guitar is supposed to be a similar size to the X20, and I know it's very different than the WS, but I like smaller guitars and I know the X20 would have been too big. I am by no means a tiny person, I just prefer parlor size or GC to GA or Dread. As for the X7, there were just too many opinions stating it didn't handle strumming very well and the videos I saw where it was strummed sounded not so great. I also read multiple reviews that the rider sounded better. I didn't want to get these emerald guitars and then have eat the cost to send them back.
The savoy is absolutely incredible. All the amazing things that have been said about this guitar are true. The rider is the best sounding and easiest playing travel guitar I have ever played. The body shape is not an issue. It could actually be my only guitar if it came down to it. It is a winner. Thanks to everyone for all the emerald advice on this thread. I'm sure one day I will get one.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Hope it works out well for you.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
I just prefer parlor size or GC
Congratulations on your new guitars day! I'll play any size or scale but I like small acoustics and teletype/headless electrics.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Didn't see that coming, Bry. That is quite a change in guitars. For the record, I am a strummer and the X7 handles that just fine. I was playing mine again this morning, strumming and singing.

Sounds like this change suits you. Enjoy!
Old 10-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on the Blackbirds Bry ! Can't go wrong with them I think. But whoever told you that the X7 is not good for strumming....was stretching the truth a bit. There may be better, but the X7 is very good at it.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:19 PM

That’s great Bry ! Double new guitar days always are !

I certainly LOVE the look of the Savoy, the Rider not so much, although I have read that you get an amazing sound out of its unlikely shape.

I once had an electric “stick” guitar that was unplayable without a strap, (and even then it was very neck heavy).

So my prejudice is based on a cheap, 30 year old, wooden , electric guitar...

I’ll shut up now.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Gotta go with your gut feelin'.
I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.
I doubt that X7 will be at Emerald Guitar very long.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber