The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 04-08-2019, 07:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Two Hands Guitar Co. "Luna" (OM/Concert)

Hello folks...I have three guitars that were built on spec, to show at Tom B'sox B.I.G. celebration. Now that the party is over, I'm offering them for sale. If you find yourself interested in one of them, ask me and I can point you in the direction of a number of people who played them at the show, and can offer their impression of each of them.

The first guitar is my "Luna" model. It has dark, beautifully-figured old-growth East Indian Rosewood back, sides & rear head plate; a Mastergrade Sitka Spruce top; an old-growth one-piece Honduran Mahogany neck; abundant flamed-Koa appointments and trim; an arm bevel; bound sound port and sound hole; plus a bound & purfled fretboard and front head plate veneer.

The "Luna" model is my version of the Modern OM...similar in profile to the Taylor Grand Concert, but with a deeper body. It has a 15 3/8" wide lower bout, and isn't too big...but also not too small. It has lots of power and presence, a dynamic range, and is amazingly versatile. You can find details and specs below, but first lets take a look at a few photos of this Luna. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_1554738558.831139.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

Back and Sides: old-growth East Indian Rosewood...
Soundboard: mastergrade Sitka Spruce provided by Brent Cole at Alaska Specialty Woods...
Neck: one-piece, old-growth, premium Honduran Mahogany obtained from the shop of a retired woodworker...
Bindings, arm-bevel, center-seam inlay and heel cap are all highly-figured flamed Koa...
Purflings throughout are also highly-figured flamed Koa with thin ice-blue veneer lines...
Upper-bout sound port is bound in flamed Koa, as is the soundhole...
Front headplate is Ebony, and carries the Two Hands logo in blue Abalone...
Headstock is bound and purfled, and has "Cosmo Black" Gotoh 510-Mini tuners...
Rosette is upgraded to my "Style 2" with an Ebony inner ring and flamed Koa outer rings, thin ice-blue veneer lines, and Amboyna Burl segments, with copper and shell...
Ebony bridge with bone pins; and polished bone, intonated saddle...
Deluxe “segmented" center-seem inlay and end graft inlay in highly-flamed Koa, with copper and shell...
Nut width: 1 3/4"; String spread at saddle 2 1/4"; FB radius 16";
Thirteen frets-to-body, Twenty frets total; Evo Gold frets; 2-way adjustable trussrod from LMI

The price for this guitar is $5500 (plus applicable shipping/handling charges)

I want you to feel totally comfortable with this purchase, so I do offer a 3-day trial period. If you find that this guitar isn't a good fit for you, send it back, and I will refund the purchase price (minus shipping charges) as long as it is in the same condition as when it left me.

If you have questions, or thoughts you'd like to share, you can send me a PM through the AGF, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS

Last edited by TomB'sox; 04-08-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Musical minimalist

Your attachments aren't working Joel....if you want to send me the pics I can load them for you.

fitstop at charter dot net

Last edited by fitness1; 04-08-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Your attachments aren't working Joel....
Thank you...I'll work on that.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Photos

For convenience, and since I have all the studio photo gear, Joel and I are both using my Flikr account for online photo hosting. And for some unknown reason, Joel has been unable to download/upload photos from the open source albums that feature our guitars. No problem on my end, though, so here are some photos of the gorgeous Luna guitar:

This Luna 000 garnered unanimous rave reviews at the B'sox Guitarpalooza, last weekend of March, for it's world-class tone, perfect setup, beautiful elegance of form, and its superb fit and finish. You can compare this one to any other guitar out there, at any price (even MY guitars!) and this Luna will be right there inside the winner's circle. Seriously, if you want to get a splendid guitar for a bargain price, better get one now, or sign up for a custom build, because Joel's stock is rising fast, and his guitars will only appreciate in value.
If you'd like to look at a bunch more photos of this guitar, here's the direct link to the Flikr album. Scroll through and check out the other guitars Two Hands as well.
http://https://www.flickr.com/photos...h/46103719135/
Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Musical minimalist

I see you beat me to it -

I think one of the reasons your other attempt wasn't working was the size of the files - they were 4000 pixels on a side, I downsized them to 1000 - seems to work better with the smaller file.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:07 PM

I am not going to wait to be asked for a reference. Joel's guitars were a huge hit at the B.I.G. and I was very surprised all three did not sell. They are light, open, bright, with a beautiful tone and playability. I had heard they were good, but until I played them I did not know how good. Had I had any money left after hosting this show, at least one of these would be in my hands right now.

Tom
Old 04-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

What Tom said!

All of Joel's guitars were wonderful and this one was a standout for me. Comfortable, easy to play, and awesome tone!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 04-14-2019, 01:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Steve, Todd, Tom and Kevin...much appreciation to the lot of you.

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 04-24-2019, 08:25 AM

Oh this Luna... Given that she was in someone's arms for most of the weekend at Tom's BIG event, I'm so surprised she's here. I think the only time she sat on her stand was during the concerts!

And there's a reason.... the tone on this instrument is amazing and it's so comfortable with that bevel. It's also just gorgeous! As I told you, my bum right shoulder has me limited to buying smaller guitars right now, but this Luna is something.... I can still hear the tone if I think about it!

Someone is going to get a special instrument with this one!

beth
Old 04-28-2019, 08:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
Oh this Luna... Given that she was in someone's arms for most of the weekend at Tom's BIG event, I'm so surprised she's here. I think the only time she sat on her stand was during the concerts!

And there's a reason.... the tone on this instrument is amazing and it's so comfortable with that bevel. It's also just gorgeous! As I told you, my bum right shoulder has me limited to buying smaller guitars right now, but this Luna is something.... I can still hear the tone if I think about it!

Someone is going to get a special instrument with this one!

beth
Thank you Beth. One of the joys that I find in building guitars, is to be able to hear them being played by other people. Just as every person has their own personality...each personality colors the manner in which each guitar speaks while being played by the person.
I truly enjoyed hearing your personality color this guitar each and every time that you played it, and I look forward to the day that our paths cross again.

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 05-13-2019, 03:24 PM

This guitar was one of my favorites at B.I.G. - in the top 5, easily. If I had had the money for even one guitar, I think this would have been my choice. Alas, I had to settle for a t-shirt. But it's a nice t-shirt, Joel!
Old 05-15-2019, 07:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
This guitar was one of my favorites at B.I.G. - in the top 5, easily. If I had had the money for even one guitar, I think this would have been my choice. Alas, I had to settle for a t-shirt. But it's a nice t-shirt, Joel!
“You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land who’s boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!”

Imagine, if you will, Stan VanSandt...sitting on your front porch, wearing your Two Hands Guitar Co. t-shirt...underneath a starlit sky which is holding a beautiful, full lunar light show. Suddenly, a cool breeze gently envelopes your body, and you notice, as if by some magnificent karmic revelation...this Luna guitar...gently singing underneath the gentle, loving caress of your fingertips.

Immediately your mind is flooded with emotion, as you begin to compose the song that your soul has been longing to offer the world. The song that your entire being has been holding inside since the day that you were first conceived. The song that your heart has lovingly held inside of its walls...waiting for this exact moment in time. Not a song...not the song...but, “Your Song,” Stan VanSandt.

Make me an offer that I can’t refuse. Maybe a portion down, and then one small spoonful for each of the next 12 months. You never know...I’m feeling inspired today.

joel

Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/s/serl...B6uLkyx6oC6.99

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 AM

Just stunning Joel!
Old 06-02-2019, 07:56 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sunday bump for an absolutely splendid guitar, with complex, rich, colorful tone, classy appointments, superb fit and finish, a perfect setup, and a price that's far lower than its world-class quality would suggest.

I'm amazed this guitar hasn't sold yet. If you're on the fence, do yourself a huge favor and get this guitar. It will be like winning the lottery!
Old 06-06-2019, 07:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I’m filled with gratitude for the opportunity to do what I love...for the first time in my life. I’m 53 years old, and have spent most of my adult life trying to provide a life for my family, by working jobs that left me empty and unfulfilled. Now that I’ve found lutherie, and I get to build guitars as a vocation, I embrace each and every day as a gift...an opportunity to love my life...an opportunity to be thankful...and an opportunity to bring happiness and joy to other people through the work of my two hands.

I’m filled with gratitude for being blessed, by my Creator, with the ability to create. I’m filled with gratitude for my teacher, and friend, Steve Sheriff, who has spent untold hours teaching me how to create wonderful guitars. I’m filled with gratitude for the people who have already trusted me to create, for them, the guitar of their dreams...even though I’m a virtual “unknown” in this field. I’m filled with gratitude, because I’ve finally discovered what I was put on this Earth to do.

This being said...I am confronted with a real-world situation. I need to gain more exposure for the “Two Hands Guitar Co.” brand, in order to build my client-base...just like any start-up business must do to survive. TomB'sox’ invitation to present my guitars at B.I.G. this spring, was an amazing opportunity to promote Two Hands Guitars, and the feedback from everyone in attendance was overwhelming. Now I’m trying to figure out how to build upon this exposure.

The most effective advertising and marketing, oftentimes, is presented through spokespersons (advocates, if you will) who have used, or owned the product, become intimately knowledgeable about it...and then can speak honestly about the experience to others who might be interested in trying it.

With this in mind, I’d like to reach out to this community to find a few individuals who would be interested in becoming a spokesperson for Two Hands Guitar Co, in exchange for a discounted price on one of the three guitar's built, on Spec, for Tom’s show. If you would be interested in joining the small, but growing, “Two Hands Guitar Co” family...let’s talk about the possibilities. Maybe, you too, were meant to experience the gratitude that has filled my world.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS

Last edited by TomB'sox; 06-07-2019 at 12:06 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace