The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-01-2022, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Default KLOS full sized hybrid....a bit underwhelmed?

Love to have comments from the board here.

I finally got to test out a KLOS full-sized hybrid guitar. I was surprised by how underwhelmed I felt. It sounded small and two-dimensional to me. Given that it is a 15" dreadnought shaped body, I expected more. Perhaps there is unit-to-unit variability and what I encountered is an aberration.

Does anyone with more KLOS experience care to comment? I really wanted to like it so that I can recommend an affordable CF guitar to friends.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:29 AM

I tried their travel guitar a few years ago and also was completely underwhelmed. To my ears the sound was really thin and cheap. I ended up going for a Journey OF660 instead, a bit more money but much much better sound and value.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

I have found that the addition of a sound port to me improved the sound at the performers ears tremendously.

Did you get a chance to hear the sound from in front?
Old 11-27-2022, 06:29 PM

I love mine. All of my friends who've heard or played the KLOS were blown away by it. I was playing an HD-28 when I got it. It's become the go-to, partially because my dogs and I do less damage to the CF than a lovely wood guitar. It's brighter than the Martin, but it has decent depth and volume. It's the best $1.5K I ever spent.
2022 Epiphone IBG J200
2024 KLOS CF Grand Cutaway

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber