The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 11-24-2022, 01:44 PM
1neeto 1neeto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
A PURPLE SHREDDER!!! WITH GUITAR PICK FRET MARKERS!!!!!

Just perfect in my book.



Thanks 1neeto! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.



frank d.

Thank you! Itís a Sterling (music man budget line) John Petrucci signature guitar. The inlays are shields, a John Petrucci signature thing. Hereís more pics so you can see in all her glory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Now there's a ShredMaster Gold Cup Award Winner! A keeper, very unique. Happy Holidays to All!

Thanks! Yeah no guitar looks like it. Itís very light weight, and very fast neck.



Happy thanksgiving to you too!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-25-2022, 12:27 PM
rockabilly69 rockabilly69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 3,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Staying with this ErnieBall/MusicMan conversation, sign me up for this Emerald City beauty! This Alvin Lee signature model runs three grand for an All American slab of timber time goodness! It’s like The Jetsons meeting Dorothy on the yellow brick road. This is certainly the axe the Wizard of Oz would be playing. Count me in.




frank d.
Hey Frankie Boy! Just wanted to chime in here. First off I think you meant "Albert Lee" One of my best friends loves Ernie Ball guitars, and because he has collected them over the years, I've played quite a few of them. And one thing I can say about those guitars is that they have the best finish on the back of the neck on ANY guitar that I've played. I don't know how they do it, but that finish feels great on the hand and it never sticks, it's glassy smooth. I'm not a fan of the headstock shape or I would have bought one years ago. But recently the shape is starting to grow on me, so never say never

Last edited by rockabilly69; 11-25-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-25-2022, 01:31 PM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 2,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Hey Frankie Boy! Just wanted to chime in here. First off I think you meant "Albert Lee" One of my best friends loves Ernie Ball guitars, and because he has collected them over the years, I've played quite a few of them. And one thing I can say about those guitars is that they have the best finish on the back of the neck on ANY guitar that I've played. I don't know how they do it, but that finish feels great on the hand and it never sticks, it's glassy smooth. I'm not a fan of the headstock shape or I would have bought one years ago. But recently the shape is starting to grow on me, so never say never
Yes my friend, you are absolutely right! Albert Lee was who is supposed to be credited for that style guitar! Alvin was the guitar hero from Woodstock. I am an old, senile rock and roll rag-a-muffin! Bahaha😹
__________________
I love playing guitar
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-25-2022, 03:15 PM
rockabilly69 rockabilly69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 3,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Yes my friend, you are absolutely right! Albert Lee was who is supposed to be credited for that style guitar! Alvin was the guitar hero from Woodstock. I am an old, senile rock and roll rag-a-muffin! Bahaha😹
I do love those old Ten Years After records though
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-25-2022, 03:30 PM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 2,344
Default

Sideman Extraordinaire Albert Lee with his signature MusicMan axe.




And the really unique Alvin Lee Gibson, which Iíve never seen before or since. A 335 style guitar

with a single coil in the middle position. Wow!


OK Rocky, did I aquit myself with this display of guitar histrionics?

fd
__________________
I love playing guitar
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-25-2022, 04:01 PM
rockabilly69 rockabilly69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 3,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Sideman Extraordinaire Albert Lee with his signature MusicMan axe.




And the really unique Alvin Lee Gibson, which Iíve never seen before or since. A 335 style guitar

with a single coil in the middle position. Wow!


OK Rocky, did I aquit myself with this display of guitar histrionics?

fd
Yes sir! Great pics...

Check this out Frank...

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-26-2022, 12:20 PM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 41,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Staying with this ErnieBall/MusicMan conversation, sign me up for this Emerald City beauty! This Alvin Lee signature model runs three grand for an All American slab of timber time goodness! It’s like The Jetsons meeting Dorothy on the yellow brick road. This is certainly the axe the Wizard of Oz would be playing. Count me in.




frank d.
That really does look like the Jetsons meet Dorothy in the Land of Oz. What a great looking guitar! I have never played one of these in all the years I've been playing. I have never seen one in a shop.

Very cool, Frank!

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-26-2022, 12:55 PM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 2,344
Default A Shred Guitar For Me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
That really does look like the Jetsons meet Dorothy in the Land of Oz. What a great looking guitar! I have never played one of these in all the years I've been playing. I have never seen one in a shop.



Very cool, Frank!



- Glenn


You just don't see many ErnieBall/ MusicMan products in the wild. I don't know why, Glenn. Their product line is just beautiful.
Look at this stunner! With a lengthened, refined headstock even Rockabilly69 would like! Just about a grand above a top line Strat or a Standard LesPaul. . I guess you are paying for a guitar thatís different than a guitar every kid on every corner is playing. Yeah, I get that.





fd
__________________
I love playing guitar

Last edited by Chickee; 11-26-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-26-2022, 04:45 PM
rockabilly69 rockabilly69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 3,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
You just don't see many ErnieBall/ MusicMan products in the wild. I don't know why, Glenn. Their product line is just beautiful.
Look at this stunner! With a lengthened, refined headstock even Rockabilly69 would like! Just about a grand above a top line Strat or a Standard LesPaul. . I guess you are paying for a guitar thatís different than a guitar every kid on every corner is playing. Yeah, I get that.





fd
You're right Frank I think the lengthened headstock is good looking, and everything else about that guitar!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-26-2022, 11:15 PM
s2y s2y is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere middle America
Posts: 6,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
You just don't see many ErnieBall/ MusicMan products in the wild. I don't know why, Glenn. Their product line is just beautiful.
Look at this stunner! With a lengthened, refined headstock even Rockabilly69 would like! Just about a grand above a top line Strat or a Standard LesPaul. . I guess you are paying for a guitar thatís different than a guitar every kid on every corner is playing. Yeah, I get that.

fd
The JP series is very popular among shredders. The new Jason Richardson and Kaisen models should be more than adequate.

The 10" radius and small frets make most of the models a little less ideal for shred when it comes to the really fast stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-28-2022, 09:08 PM
Rolph Rolph is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 142
Default

I had the red JS 2480 for about a year. I couldn't get comfortable with it's shape and/or balance for very long periods. The Sustainiac is outstanding, really a lot of fun. Everything else about the guitar was wonderful, neck dimensions, tuning stability, action of the whammy bar. Good luck if you get one, Ibanez makes fantastic electric guitars.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-29-2022, 03:55 AM
s2y s2y is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere middle America
Posts: 6,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolph View Post
I had the red JS 2480 for about a year. I couldn't get comfortable with it's shape and/or balance for very long periods. The Sustainiac is outstanding, really a lot of fun. Everything else about the guitar was wonderful, neck dimensions, tuning stability, action of the whammy bar. Good luck if you get one, Ibanez makes fantastic electric guitars.
What was wrong with the shape and balance? Looks like any other super strat to me. I admit I haven't played one.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-30-2022, 08:50 AM
Vigier Vigier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 20
Default

The Charvel DK24 (MIM)is a great shredder guitar but also very versatile,they have 2 graphite rods running through the neck either side of the truss rod for greater stability,Iím convinced itís what makes it so responsive,compound radius fretboard & Seymour Duncan pickups.Iím no shredder but was after something different as I have a strat,tele,gretsch duo jet,355,Taylor T5z,I really enjoy playing it
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=