The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-23-2022, 01:08 AM

Default D Angelico premier DC mini

Anyone have thoughts on this guitar?
Old 11-23-2022, 09:03 AM

I have the Premier DC XT - one made for Sweetwater- it has the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickup combo, and flame maple top.

I think it’s a great guitar.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandstick View Post
I have the Premier DC XT - one made for Sweetwater- it has the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickup combo, and flame maple top.

I think it’s a great guitar.

Sweetwater finally got more of these in. It's crazy because the regular version is $899 and the SW exclusive is also $899 but includes the SD JB/Jazz pickup combo, a killer top (in two awesome colors) and locking tuners.

I had a Premier Brighton for a short time. I loved how it felt and sounded, but it was just too gaudy in looks for me. I removed the truss rod cover (perhaps the gaudiest aspect on the whole guitar) and attempted to install a solid black pickguard but it wasn't cut properly. The neck pickup started cutting out and when both it and the bridge pickup positions died and I could only play in the middle switch position, I sent it back. All this happened in less than 30 days. I've seen many complaints about electronic issues on these entry level D'Angelico's and I can say from my visits to GC, they aren't moving. The one I sent back to SW is still in the deals section seven months later and has had the price lowered twice.

If D'angelico would limit the gaudiness (I know...eye of the beholder and all that...) to the jazz boxes and make the solid bodies more traditional, AND do something about the electronics QC, I think they would do much better. Like I said, the playability and sound were there.

Last edited by Corwin1968; 11-24-2022 at 08:24 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars